Juls1

Juls’s Manta “sand” Ray Build

That's awesome, colour scheme and hi caps go together really well. Great idea to bond two uprights together for added strength as well. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Juls1 said:

The stock shocks are junk (not even as good as the ones that came with the car in

:D:D:D

sorry but i disagree with you 100% my "original" top-force and manta-ray witch i brought back when released have only ever run the kit shocks and tbh i never have had any problems with either ones they have performed perfectly with all that i chucked/abused at the both cars and i think i only swoped the oil a couple of times. i have bought the re-re's of both this year and i have managed to get my hands on a set of hi-caps for the top-force but i aint decided weather i am gonna build them yet.;)

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

sorry but i disagree with you 100% my "original" top-force and manta-ray witch i brought back when released have only ever run the kit shocks and tbh i never have had any problems with either ones they have performed perfectly with all that i chucked/abused at the both cars and i think i only swoped the oil a couple of times. i have bought the re-re's of both this year and i have managed to get my hands on a set of hi-caps for the top-force but i aint decided weather i am gonna build them yet.;)

The “original” top force and manta ray had decent shocks with proper plastic pistons, the re re does not, it has one piece metal shaft/pistons that grind there way up and down the sides of the shock body. Regardless of good or not, they’re yellow and didn’t suit where I was going with the build. I’m happy to donate the yellow stock shocks to whomever would want them as I certainly don’t need them. 

• Like 2

On 8/23/2018 at 3:16 AM, Juls1 said:

I didn’t like how the rear shock tower just swings off the rear bulkhead on 2 screws so I added a stabilizing bar to it, will it make any difference to a upside down backwards airborne landing? Well even it if doesn’t it looks cool!

For the upper arms I had intended to use top force turnbuckle set and the reinforced adjusters however that combo didn’t work and then I decided I might just use some of the leftover shafts and parts in my parts tray instead. 

B6445898-80DE-4852-B4A3-AF864CA11168.thumb.jpeg.4d1814666babe3852c6b4f192c09e45a.jpeg

6311D91A-BE8D-4BF8-971D-A2A6A84863E8.thumb.jpeg.9be2a468ed4639e5819fff95fabbf895.jpeg

51564658-8094-4B59-AE7F-02B9E8BCD734.thumb.jpeg.c2d2af074bab1e40801e29b230aa15c0.jpeg

What is that part you used through the rear shock tower held by a body clip? Is it a Tamiya part?

Want to try to copy your idea to stregthen the rear shock tower too.

Thank you very much for your advice.

ernieks

2 hours ago, ernieks said:

What is that part you used through the rear shock tower held by a body clip? Is it a Tamiya part?

Want to try to copy your idea to stregthen the rear shock tower too.

Thank you very much for your advice.

ernieks

Its the top out of a TL01 Friction shock, I imagine most friction shock tops would be similar, needed a bit of modification.

To be honest it's not great, I'd like to fab up something stronger/less flexible, but its better than nothing made this way. I'm still figuring a better option, it might be better if the Friction shock top where glued in place. 

Someone with 3d printing skills could print up something more solid I think. 

• Like 1

Great idea!👍🏼

Will copy that, just need to order the TL-01 parts.

Thank you very much.

ernieks

On 8/26/2018 at 2:06 PM, topforcein said:

I agree. Stock cvas are great and most people would not be able to tell the difference when running.  Th hicaps are gorgeous bits of kit though and are certainly excellent performers but the kit dampers are great also

• Like 2

That is one CRAZY Cool bit of Kit! 😁  Definitely the most HD Tamiya Buggy I've ever seen. It never dawned on me to simply glue two FRP Towers together. That's got to be immensely strong!! 💪

Nicest looking Basher I've ever seen!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏