Juggular

Must have Kyosho?

16 hours ago, magnumb said:

I guess it's better than having a cracked case and if it works it works:)

Tolerances are tight on the axles halfs from GCM and the material has surprised me for sure...I've taken apart the axles several times now and what really surprised me was how tight i could crank of fasteners. Sure the material doesn't look as pretty as my axles from RCWD, Axial or HPI, but it's held up just as well and the tolerances are more than adequate and better than some of the cast alum pieces i've delt with

Tight tolerances in terms of +/-0.0x mm and which don't increase significantly over time? Because that's what the CCVT internals require from the housing.

On 8/22/2018 at 7:16 PM, steelo said:

I don’t know if you like the re-release kits, but I have an Optima, Scorpion, Tomahawk, and a ‘hang on rider’ motorcycle…all really great retro Kyosho's, but the Optima is by far my favorite, it was a 'must have' for me. The re-releases all seem to be well thought out and the kits are packaged beautifully. I ran the snot out of the tomahawk and Optima a few weeks ago on a dirt track and nothing broke, despite my 6 and 7 year old nephews crashing them into everything.

For newer cars, the Sandmaster is kind of an entry-level buggy and seems really ‘cheap’ to me. If you like trucks, the Mad Crusher looks like a really cool model to own. They have a brushless and a nitro version.

I think the sandmaster is the same chassis as the axxe.  Of so stay clear.  The gearboxes are absolute garbage and made of dairlylea cheese.  Very poor effort from kyosho

My must have kyosho would have to be either the Honda CRX or the Peugeot 205. They were both on the same front wheel drive chassis, looked great and are super rare. I have an incomplete kit nib, but would love to get a complete one.

J

On 9/1/2018 at 5:30 PM, Juggular said:

Oh wow, thank you for that link.  A picture is worth a thousand words. 

But Kyosho does need to go beyond one-word, Optima.  I can't say slapping on "turbo," "special," or "custom" is the optimal naming convention...  I had no idea there were 10 Optimas.  This certainly has been educational.  

CUyk41X.jpg

This is like a successful movie franchise like Rocky or Jaws.  The first one was so great that they just kept on making more.

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2023 at 5:17 PM, Creflo said:

This is like a successful movie franchise like Rocky or Jaws.  

Sounds about right.  That line of thought always makes me think of Jaws 19.  

RTaDzsL.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Juggular said:

Sounds about right.  That line of thought always makes me think of Jaws 19.  

RTaDzsL.gif

So… did you ever get a Kyosho?

10 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

So… did you ever get a Kyosho?

Sadly, no.  

I have a few kits piled up, like CC-2, XV-01, Dnyahead, etc.  That backlog put a major damper on my spirit of purchase.  Now that Tamiya put out the BBX, I have a feeling that I'll be getting that before any Kyosho.  

I am looking high and low for two Kyosho Prima Classe airplanes, specifically the N1K2 George and the J2M Jack.

If anyone has a line on either....

In a general sense one should have at least one Kyosho legendary series buggies.  Sticking with Tamiya's is fine, but that is really limiting one's self.   And these modern low budget versions of classic buggies makes no sense to me.. just get the real thing (Kyosho re-re).  They drive extremely well for its time and can handle modern BL power no problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

In a general sense one should have at least one Kyosho legendary series buggies.  Sticking with Tamiya's is fine, but that is really limiting one's self.   And these modern low budget versions of classic buggies makes no sense to me.. just get the real thing (Kyosho re-re).  They drive extremely well for its time and can handle modern BL power no problem.

I wish I could stop at just one, my addiction is worse.

2 hours ago, Creflo said:

I wish I could stop at just one, my addiction is worse.

👍

IMG_2023-4-1-191933.jpg.c125200ed003238bb8125455e598408a.jpg

KyoshoAmerica just posted inventory of Scorpion, TurboScorpion, Tomahawk, and Beetle on instagram!  B)

So, there is now no excuse not to own one.  :D   jk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

KyoshoAmerica just posted inventory of Scorpion, TurboScorpion, Tomahawk, and Beetle on instagram!  B)

So, there is now no excuse not to own one.  :D   jk

Well I have preorder on amain for Javelin, Tomahawk, and the new 60th anniversary optima mid worlds.  I guess one of three isn't bad, hope they get Javelin and worlds soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Creflo said:

Well I have preorder on amain for Javelin, Tomahawk, and the new 60th anniversary optima mid worlds.  I guess one of three isn't bad, hope they get Javelin and worlds soon.

Cool, yeah, I want to get another Javelin too..  I converted mine to the black cage and man this car looks so good (well, to me).  I am currently building the JJ WC Ultima.  I have the minty green MID on order as well.  👍   If interested, please check out instagram #pretendRCshop 

IMG_2022-12-9-091951.jpg.de187630f8732d96b020cfce285414c5.jpg

IMG_2022-12-12-172555.jpg.7a7b9007639cf31c8ce46ac0ba4a0be8.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Cool, yeah, I want to get another Javelin too..  I converted mine to the black cage and man this car looks so good (well, to me).  I am currently building the JJ WC Ultima.  I have the minty green MID on order as well.  👍   If interested, please check out instagram #pretendRCshop 

IMG_2022-12-9-091951.jpg.de187630f8732d96b020cfce285414c5.jpg

IMG_2022-12-12-172555.jpg.7a7b9007639cf31c8ce46ac0ba4a0be8.jpg

Everything you have is very high quality, amazing.  Just followed on Instagram, thanks for sharing.  That black looks awesome on the Javelin.  I have already purchased the white roll cage, but the black looks really good too.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Creflo said:

Everything you have is very high quality, amazing.  Just followed on Instagram, thanks for sharing.  That black looks awesome on the Javelin.  I have already purchased the white roll cage, but the black looks really good too.

Thanks.  I've seen the white cages too.  They look very sharp.  Looking forward to your future post.  :D  

20 hours ago, Creflo said:

Love the black!  Have you considered creating a YouTube channel?

Thanks!  👍

No, not really.  I think doing reels on instagram is about as far I would go video wise.  :lol:   I'm not much of a digital creator as some of the real talented folks are with their RC video's.  

I posted my 3 Kyosho beauties on instagram this morning.. please check it out if interested.  B)   (wired up new lights on the small display).

#pretend_RC_shop 

• Like 2