waterbok

Another WR02 - Tamiya 58662 Comical Grasshopper WR-02CB

1 hour ago, IBIFTKH said:

Sounds interesting :) 

Thinking about it, quite a lot interesting. As Mokei said, it sounds like they've fitted new or different suspension arms and from the picture it looks like a new bumper, battery cover and possibly some sort of nerf bar. Plus new wheels and tyres. Nice to see they're not just plonking a body on a bog-standard WR-02 but they're still investing in development, even if it is just cosmetic parts. More options for us to customise existing models too.

Hopefully this is the first in a series of 'comical' models (I reckon a Jenny-Mo-style Sand Scorcher has to be on the cards).

I was hoping you would see this one, Rob :D

I, for one, would happily put much of my income on a Comical Frog, Comical Hornet, Comical Fox, Comical Fast Attack Vehicle... to go with this delightful model.

First pic - taken from Tamiyablog.com.. Didn't know whether to link or post downloaded pic. 

Oops sorry, should've read the whole thread! 

Tamiya-58662-Comical-Grasshopper-WR-02CB.jpg

Although i will definately let this one out (it is absolutely not my cup of tea), i like it that Tamiya comes with something really new and serves us with a bundle of new and never seen parts before. 
But as other mentioned before, i suppose that T. will also bring a Hornet, Fox, and other car variants of this.

19 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

comicalgrasshopper1.jpg

I know it's just a drawing but the profile of that front tyre really reminds me of the rib tyre used on the front of the Hilux Monster Racer. 

Hmmm, there seem to be a pair of huge exhaust pipes 😄

I belief there will be a series of these comical vehicles.

One thing for sure, looks like Mr Willy will be the designated driver for most of the manned Tamiya vehicles these days 😄

1 hour ago, kyosho1 said:

Hmmm, there seem to be a pair of huge exhaust pipes 😄

Which have already been available through 3rd parties...

I LIKE IT!!!

Have spent the last 2 weeks building 2 GF01s for my kids and it has got me yearning for my own big tired WR/GF car.

Was not sure what to get but now I have seen this I am hooked. Would love a Comical Fox to go with it!

Will be interesting to see how stable it is. Width is 244mm according to the blurb and a regular Wild Willy is 272mm.

Really liking the wheels on this! Wonder what the diameter is of the rears. Would be great to find some sand paddles to go on there.

I'm hoping they're 2.2's and beadlocks, would be useful part fodder for other projects :)

3 hours ago, njmlondon said:

Really liking the wheels on this! Wonder what the diameter is of the rears. Would be great to find some sand paddles to go on there.

Maybe the "desert tire" listed here?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Truck-Tires-for-TAMIYA-CW-01-Chassis-Lunch-Box-Midnight-Pumpkin-4pcs/142032130703?hash=item2111c6528f:m:mWFBhGIgGxZJ85Yq9fez__w

Now stretch them a little more and slap on all the cw01 bodies to make improved versions of the LB,MP etc

• Like 2

That's awesome, thanks Mokei,

I predict this will sell very well indeed. What a cracking concept and by the looks of it, execution.

Nice spy work on that works add presentation. :ph34r:

I'll be surprised if this doesn't do well...it looks irresistible.  Next up a Frog or Hornet body then a Hotshot body for the GF-01?