Hi, I'm new at the club. I bought about two year ago a Blitzer Stadium (a release maybe). Since then I have modified many things on it. Looking on Internet to find new thing to do on the truck. My fun is to find what is cool on recent RC cars and try to reproduce on mine. I have already:

• installed front and rear carbon fiber shock tower with homemade aluminium parts
  • upgraded the shocks (aluminium)
  • upgraded suspension arm shafts (basic)
  • removed some plastic of the chassis. Lower now
  • replaced most of the screws

I have modified many parts. So if you are interested to know the parts that I used to upgrade the blitzer, fell free to comment.

Hope you will enjoy my first pictures. I will list soon all the modifications on the truck.

Glob356

20180830_181832.jpg

20180830_214859.jpg

20180830_214847.jpg

20180830_220717.jpg

20180830_221944.jpg

• Like 3

Looks great! I'm especially envious of your carbon shock towers. I've been looking at other cars for a set to adapt to Blitzer Beetle.

There is always something deeply satisfying about putting your stamp on on something, keep up the good work mate.

I'll be taking my Blitzer for a spin after work tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Gasquatch said:

Looks great! I'm especially envious of your carbon shock towers. I've been looking at other cars for a set to adapt to Blitzer Beetle.

Hi Gasquatch,

It's easy and not expensive at all. I will comment tonight (canadian time zone) with all the parts and screws. I will post pictures.

Have a great day!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-1-10th-Off-Road-Buggy-Carbon-Fibre-Front-Shock-Tower-For-HSP-107022/122875079292?hash=item1c9becea7c:g:mEEAAOSw4UtWRp3K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-HSP-103023-Carbon-Fibre-Rear-Shock-Tower-For-1-10-Electric-On-Road-Car/231751146929?hash=item35f571ddb1:g:HkEAAOSwiwVWRVbi

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

6 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

There is always something deeply satisfying about putting your stamp on on something, keep up the good work mate.

I'll be taking my Blitzer for a spin after work tomorrow.

Have a great run!

• Thanks 1

You made 90° aluminum mount for the carbon damper stays? Any more details about it?

Another addon for the blitzer family are parts from Pintopower: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/85233-stadium-blitzer-family-chassis-brace/

I made a brace for the gearbox: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/85292-hits-me-like-a-blitzer-beetle/&do=findComment&comment=701261

Keep on man, I like mods.

7 minutes ago, Collin said:

You made 90° aluminum mount for the carbon damper stays? Any more details about it?

Another addon for the blitzer family are parts from Pintopower: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/85233-stadium-blitzer-family-chassis-brace/

I made a brace for the gearbox: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/85292-hits-me-like-a-blitzer-beetle/&do=findComment&comment=701261

Keep on man, I like mods.

Hi Collin,

You are right. It's a 90° aluminum mount. I will post detailed pictures later.

By the way, it's really cool that you commented. I'm on this forum now because I was reading  your posts and @schuultzie51 posts.

Glob356

I got a break from the hobby but one of my last projects was a Blitzer Beetle.
Very interesting work you done on this one.
The carbon shock towers are a must needed for this model but I hadn't the time to do them.

Max

Hi Guys,

Please find below the front shock tower details:

• 90° aluminum mount (20mm high)
  • 4x M3 hex flat head screws 6mm (head included)
  • 4x M3 thin nuts
  • 2x M3 hex flat head self tapping screw 16mm (head included)
  • 2x M3 hex button head screws (20mm)
  • front shock tower from HSP

You will notice on the picture that I drilled the plastic part. It's just to have space for the nuts at the bottom of the mount.

I buy all my screws on ebay, most of the time from Hong Kong (it's faster than China)

Don't hesitate to comment if you have any question.

Glob356

20180831_185611-1.jpg

20180831_185741-1.jpg

20180831_185754.jpg

20180831_185827.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Tamiyas,

One of my goals with my Blizter is to "update" the car. It look's heavy. More like a toy than a racing car. A lot of bg platic parts like the receiver and esc mount. No carbon, no hex screw. 

So, I cut, I drilled, I used sand paper and here we go:

1. Removed the plastic part used for the receiver and esc. Cut in two to keed the battery fixation. Added hex screw. I use M3 × 20mm bit the are a bit too short. I have to buy longer ones.

2. Removed extra platic from the front body mount (just for the look) and put hex flat head screws (M3 × 12mm)

3. Drilled trough the chassis to attach the front suspension with a M3 × 45mm. Very common modification. On this picture, you can see that I have removed the top part of the chassis. It looks better without making the chassis weaker (according to me of course).

4. The same for the back (drill through). On the picture, I use M3 × 20mm (too long). I have just ordered M3 × 16mm hex button head screws.

If you have any comment or advice, please comment.

Have a great day where ever you are!

Glob356

20180903_091859-1.jpg

20180903_090906-1.jpg

20180903_091646.jpg

20180903_090950-1.jpg

20180903_090701-1.jpg

Hi! Long time no see. Some news about my modified Blitzer Stadium TRF :D.

I tried to keep it with a vintage look. That's why I'm using aluminium instead carbon for my custom-made parts.

What has been done the last few months? So I have

1. replaced screws by shafts and e-clips (thanks schuultzie51).

2. made a aluminium mount for the receiver and ESC. The goal is to be able to remove all electronics without have to double taped every time (and it looks really nice)

3. added a aluminium part to reinforce the chassis (low profile now) (and it looks nice too)

4. added cool TRF stickers

5. put in screws of good lenght where need it

6. changed the rear shock absorbers (waiting for the front)

My next steps will be:

- put back the electronics and cut the wires short and sweet

- buy a GoolRC motor (21T or 23T). Advices are welcome.

- buy a new metal gear servo (low profile)

- put a new and nice body. Larger than the original maybe.

- modified the bumper maybe (too big). Will see...

Finally, if you have a sense of observation, you will have noticed that the engine cover is mounted upside down on my picture. See the Tamiya's logo. :-)

Don't hesitate to comment.

See you!

Glob356 from Montreal

20190126_130103.jpg

20190126_130119.jpg

20190126_130134.jpg

20190126_130147.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is awesome! It really downplays the plasticy nature of the original and brings the Blitzer chassis upscale. IMHO, this great bit of work deserves more attention. 

• Like 2

Those kinky Tamiya models could have been such a pro thing with some little extras. Love this mod, great you put the pentagrams upside down : )

,-.
       ___,---.__          /'|`\          __,---,___
    ,-'    \`    `-.____,-'  |  `-.____,-'    //    `-.
  ,'        |           ~'\     /`~           |        `.
 /      ___//              `. ,'          ,  , \___      \
|    ,-'   `-.__   _         |        ,    __,-'   `-.    |
|   /          /\_  `   .    |    ,      _/\          \   |
\  |           \ \`-.___ \   |   / ___,-'/ /           |  /
 \  \           | `._   `\\  |  //'   _,' |           /  /
  `-.\         /'  _ `---'' , . ``---' _  `\         /,-'
     ``       /     \    ,='/ \`=.    /     \       ''
             |__   /|\_,--.,-.--,--._/|\   __|
             /  `./  \\`\ |  |  | /,//' \,'  \
            /   /     ||--+--|--+-/-|     \   \
           |   |     /'\_\_\ | /_/_/`\     |   |
            \   \__, \_     `~'     _/ .__/   /
             `-._,-'   `-._______,-'   `-._,-'

• Like 1

Hi, since you love aluminum and metal you should perhaps also consider this modification. In order to prevent the rear wishbone attachment points from breaking off, I connected them with a U-shaped steel wire and also supported it at the front with aluminum brackets on the gearbox to distribute the load evenly ( e.g. when cartwheeling <_<) on both sides of the gearbox.

RIMG3167.JPG.465a8e42f3dee8a272852a10275572fc.JPG

RIMG3162.JPG.718e51114a6f70b1b62bfe9536383084.JPG

RIMG3165.JPG.02cf8ea77134fab9552112fe834a464f.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys. Thank you for all your comments and advices. Will post more pictures soon.

Hi, Wires have been shortened. Receiver and ESC set in the car. 

Also, I want buy a new motor for my Blitzer. So do I have to buy a 21T or a 23T? 

20190209_103125.jpg

20190209_103218.jpg

20190209_103234.jpg

20190210_090929.jpg

20190210_091010.jpg

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

End of October, my Blitzer hit a rock pretty fast and the result was bad (see picture). It was the end for this year (and the first snow was forecasted in November in Montreal).

So I decided after that to rebuilt from scratch my Tamiya. The goal is to always improve it. I already ordered :

- Tamiya 53791 DF-02 Universal Shaft

- Tamiya 53218 Touring Car Hard Joint Cup Set

- Rubber sealed bearing (blue)

- Some Hex screws. No more regular Tamiya screws now

- New aluminium hex drive 6.0 (black)

- 2mm and 3mm epoxy sheet to replace some aluminium parts and for the rear shock mount

I also fixed the small part under the gear case needed to fix the rear bumper. It was a self-tapping screw. Now it's a screw with nut. For that, I enlarged the existing hole (3 mm now) and insert a nut in a new hole just smaller than the nut. I used a soldering iron to melt the plastic by heating the nut and fixed it in the part (I hope it's clear. English is not my first language).

I started to think of a new rear shock mount. I will be with more setting options to lower the car.

I won't put back the long aluminium part that was supposed to strengthen the tub. The tub is losing his flexibility and that's put stress on the rest of the car. Seemed like a good idea but not in fact.

I will post pictures with the new parts and the evolution of my Tamiya Blitzer Stadium 2020.

Have a great holiday season!

Glob

20191020_131548.thumb.jpg.ad4fea537591e46ba85d282cca134c8f.jpg

• Like 1