Thats not unusual : )

You will be pleased with the hop up parts, they are hardened and keeps all things together.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is going well.

Some news about my Stadium Blitzer.

1. I finaly reveived the parts that I needed. The DF-02 Assembly Universal Shaft (53791 / OP-791) to replace the original that broke . They are are bit shorter than the original. So I added a spacer to the new Hard Joint Cup (new parts 53218 / OP-218). 

2. I improved some settings, screws and the shock absorber mounts.

3. I broke the linkage of the front uprights! That's my fault. Wrong idea. I used flat head screws set inside the linkage. So it put a lot of presure on the plastic part. I already ordered new ones and I won't do the same mistake. I will use button head screws.

4. I bought a DT-03 stabilizer set. I have some ideas but if had already set anti-roll bars on a Blitzer, our advices are welcome.

5. Put the on/off switch inside the car to avoid the dirt. I will put something to cover the hole in the tub.

6. Cut the bumber and add a nice sticker inside. I always tought it was to big. Looks like the Tamiya Nissan Titan.

If you have any idea to go futher in my Blitzer upgrades, don't hesitate to comment.

Below some pictures.

Have a great day and enjoy your Tamiya! Take care

Glob356

20200412_153958.jpg

20200412_154053.jpg

20200412_154356.jpg

20200412_154243.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, glob356 said:

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is going well.

Some news about my Stadium Blitzer.

1. I finaly reveived the parts that I needed. The DF-02 Assembly Universal Shaft (53791 / OP-791) to replace the original that broke . They are are bit shorter than the original. So I added a spacer to the new Hard Joint Cup (new parts 53218 / OP-218). 

2. I improved some settings, screws and the shock absorber mounts.

3. I broke the linkage of the front uprights! That's my fault. Wrong idea. I used flat head screws set inside the linkage. So it put a lot of presure on the plastic part. I already ordered new ones and I won't do the same mistake. I will use button head screws.

4. I bought a DT-03 stabilizer set. I have some ideas but if had already set anti-roll bars on a Blitzer, our advices are welcome.

5. Put the on/off switch inside the car to avoid the dirt. I will put something to cover the hole in the tub.

6. Cut the bumber and add a nice sticker inside. I always tought it was to big. Looks like the Tamiya Nissan Titan.

If you have any idea to go futher in my Blitzer upgrades, don't hesitate to comment.

Below some pictures.

Have a great day and enjoy your Tamiya! Take care

Glob356

20200412_153958.jpg

20200412_154053.jpg

20200412_154356.jpg

20200412_154243.jpg

Yep, those darn c hubs!!! Weak spot unfortunately 😢 you ordered the stock c hubs? I got the stock ones coming but also the dt02 ones I was telling you about 

8 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Yep, those darn c hubs!!! Weak spot unfortunately 😢 you ordered the stock c hubs? I got the stock ones coming but also the dt02 ones I was telling you about 

Yes I ordered the stock ones. I hope I won't regretted when I will see your modification! 😁

I drilled the top mount on the c hub out to 3mm and held the top arm ball on with a bolt. Hopefully it will reduce its tendency to crack. 

On 4/16/2020 at 10:19 AM, graemevw said:

I drilled the top mount on the c hub out to 3mm and held the top arm ball on with a bolt. Hopefully it will reduce its tendency to crack. 

That's I have done but I had also drilled inside the part to set a hex flat head screw. So the part was weaker after that mod.

I won't do that again. I will use a button head screw.