ChrisVA

Motor for Novafox

Hello Everyone,

Motor question:  I purchased a NovaFox recently and just finished it.  The motor froze after about 2 seconds of running and no longer works.  I took the chassis apart and double-checked the ESC and everything is wired correctly.  Tamiya was nice enough to send me a new one.  I am hesitant to just put the new one in without understanding what happened the first time.  Has anyone seen this before?  Is there a preferred after market motor?  

Thanks,

Chris

That's rare. 

The only thing I can think of is that you might have given a wrong distance for the pinion. 

BC11 spacer is there to give you the perfect distance.  But it's difficult to give wrong distance. (you'd have to force it) 

Maybe the enamel wire in the motor had a nick?  It could have shorted as soon as you put electricity through it.  

FkGZD8T.jpg

Thanks for the reply Juggular.  Everything is together properly.  On a side note; I got the new motor form Tamiya and it works fine.  I have to say I was really impressed with customer service.  Made the complaint on Wednesday and had the new part in the mail on Friday.  The cannectors are half the size of the originals and may end up doing some cutting and soldering because they barely reach the EXC connectors.

• Like 1

Sounds like a faulty motor, I can't think of anything you could do to a kit silvercan (other than running 5S or something) that would ruin one.

I like my Novafox with the silvercan but just run it in my backyard. A friend runs a Tamiya Superstock and that goes really well. If you go brushless a 13.5T would probably be plenty

• Haha 1