Pablo68

Dearest Mr Tamiya, please re-re the Falcon

One more vote here! 

It's one of the strange things... I wasn't interested back in 80's, but as a re-re I'd want one.

• Like 1

Isn't there currently a run of the Novafox? Tamico seem to have plenty of them.

The Falcon doesn't really do anything for me personally, but that doesn't stop me eagerly anticipating photos and videos of a rere version being thrashed about the place should they choose to release it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fuijo said:

Isn't there currently a run of the Novafox? Tamico seem to have plenty of them.

The Falcon doesn't really do anything for me personally, but that doesn't stop me eagerly anticipating photos and videos of a rere version being thrashed about the place should they choose to release it.

Yeah I guess there are still plenty around, but the prices for them seem high to me atm. Then again I think the prices are high across the board for most things RC cars wise. It could be because of the South Sea Peso (AUD) or just the way Aus is dealing with Ebay now, or a hundred other things I guess.

Can’t speak to the rest of the world but here in the US the Novafox is available pretty much everywhere.  Parts are also reasonable unless you want the rear arms. Those seem to be a premium but even the wheels can be found for about $12

as for the falcon. Yes I would love a rerelease.  Have a near mint shelf car and a pretty nice runner but would like better parts availablity before I run it too hard 

1 hour ago, skinned said:

for $235.00  you can get the novafox all day in the u.s.a.

Yeah, I saw a lot in that price range. What I couldn't find were any with reasonable postage charges. Perhaps my whinge was a tad mis-directed.

Looking at the Falcons out there, there were a few that were in the ~ok range as far as price was concerned, but most were beat up and or damaged in some way. This doesn't bother me that much, 30 yer old RC cars after all, but I can only see the parts situation getting worse as time goes by.
Hence a re-re might fix that situation a bit.

Falcon was my first car and thought whether I would want a re re. I remember it being very weak where the front end bolted to the chasis tub.

I have since built a DT02 with yellow wheels, shocks and falcon stickers. I think I use that more then I would use a re re as its mega strong and actually handles well.

• Like 1

I think I paid $170ish last year for my Novafox from Tower. The USA will now have plenty of stock kits around with the new MAP system. $239 is a joke considering you can get a Kyosho Scorpon kit with full bearings, aluminum chassis, aluminum gear case, aluminum dampers, and with steel gears for the same price.

• Like 2

The Falcon was my first Tamiya kit; I told my parents the kit came with a radio set otherwise they wouldn't have bought it as the complete package would have been out of their budget. I then saved up for the radio set which was painful having the completed car sitting in my bedroom.

I remember upgrading the 540 for something hot and it really was fast and great fun! I would absolutely love a re-re.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

lol... I asked for a Futaba radio set first.  Saving for the car was painful...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Falcon must be one of the most requested that hasn't been done so far. I know it has that weak point between the tub and front end and the dog bones tend to escape but let's be honest, it's not like T hasn't rereleased vehicles without fixing the flaws already. Saying that, a simply extra plate would do the trick for the bulkhead issue, even it it was just an extra piece of plastic in the same shape as the old third party brace it would probably do the job although grp would be nice too!

I don't have any childhood personal connection to the Falcon but it was the first Tamiya I got a couple of years back after getting into RC again as an adult so it does have some sentimental value and significance. In fact it was my first Tamiya ever and also first hobby grade. It came as part of a job lot and is broken in the usual place. I haven't got round to trying to fix it yet but it certainly looks nice on the shelf! 

I'd definitely get a rere to use as a runner, they aren't the best handling in the family by a long shot but they aren't bad at all if you tune the shocks to work properly.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2018 at 5:34 AM, nowinaminute said:

Falcon must be one of the most requested that hasn't been done so far. I know it has that weak point between the tub and front end and the dog bones tend to escape but let's be honest, it's not like T hasn't rereleased vehicles without fixing the flaws already. Saying that, a simply extra plate would do the trick for the bulkhead issue, even it it was just an extra piece of plastic in the same shape as the old third party brace it would probably do the job although grp would be nice too!

I don't have any childhood personal connection to the Falcon but it was the first Tamiya I got a couple of years back after getting into RC again as an adult so it does have some sentimental value and significance. In fact it was my first Tamiya ever and also first hobby grade. It came as part of a job lot and is broken in the usual place. I haven't got round to trying to fix it yet but it certainly looks nice on the shelf! 

I'd definitely get a rere to use as a runner, they aren't the best handling in the family by a long shot but they aren't bad at all if you tune the shocks to work properly.

Ampro Engineering, or our boy Pintopower as he is known in here, has a nifty bracing set he sell on his Shapeways store. He has a vid on it on his YT channel.

Caution on the brace from ampro, it currently requires the Blitzer beetle msc plate to attach! I have let him know and I hope he gets around to doing a brace for an original 

4 hours ago, taffer said:

Caution on the brace from ampro, it currently requires the Blitzer beetle msc plate to attach! I have let him know and I hope he gets around to doing a brace for an original 

Oh hang on, is it actually for a Blitzer Beetle? Gah! I think my memory was playing tricks on me.
Sorry about that.

No that is a separate brace

His second hand falcon came with an incorrect msc tray from the later Blitzer chassis buggies

So if you buy his current falcon brace you would have to also buy a parts tree for approx £12!

@pablo68

• Like 1

Well, after all my whinging about not many Falcons being out there for sale, and the ones that are being pricey, or if me getting outbid, or all the other things I probably complained about, I managed to pick one up.
It just popped up. It was cheap really (compared to what I've seen), postage was cheap too AND it was buy it now.
It looks to be in good condition, will probably only need a wing, tires and bearings, a paint job and decals.

Score.

p.s. Mr Tamiya, it still needs to be re-re-ed.

• Like 2

Hope you're starting a thread on your new acquisition!

The more Falcons, the better. B)

I don't see the Falcon being re-re'd however.

There are too many unique parts needed for this car.

It's pretty much a one off vehicle with the exception of the chassis tub, CVAs, and steering knuckles.

Which have all been re-re'd already on various kits.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Falcon#5 said:

There are too many unique parts needed for this car.

It's pretty much a one off vehicle with the exception of the chassis tub, CVAs, and steering knuckles.

They did do the Fox/Novafox. True, they might have regretted it. :D

On 9/13/2018 at 12:52 PM, wolfdogstinkus said:

This thread needs this,...………..

Too bad they didn't have Matteo back in the day!

Actually I never saw these commercials until the last year or so.. were they on at hobby shops in the day or something? Or like some cable channel?

• Haha 1

I used to see these Tamiya ads on a rolling loop in the model shop, a lot of the time muted until you asked for the volume to be turned up (for serious looking customers)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1