Nitomor

New Tamiya CC01 coming...

Shame the CC01 is a 242mm wheelbase. Would have been nice in 280mm for the WT chassis!!! Unless hopefully it's on the longer wheelbase version??

Maybe Tamiya will release the bullbar/bumper in white plastic to sort of match as a hopup?

• Thanks 1

Jeez that's horrible

The moulded in rock sliders remind me of the exhausts on HPI Savage shells

Nasty 😝

• Thanks 1

I’m hoping it’ll be similar length to the Amarok shell and offers another pickup option. It’s cool to see the new Hilux shell make it into production. I think there are some opportunities to make it look great, I really hope it’s of suitable wheelbase to fit the WT effectively like the amarok does :)

• Like 3

I might wait and see what the pricing is like.  It'd be simple enough for Tamiya to include an option for normal double-cab window decals and it's got the option for LED lights at least (which puts me off the Amarok).  The white rock sliders look easy enough to trim off without it affecting the body and hopefully the rear bumper is the same.  Are those wheels a new design or something old with a coat of chrome as per usual?

(Also, with an unused set of Hog Heaven decals lying around I'd be tempted to create a Bruiser Jimny)

5 hours ago, Blista said:

I might wait and see what the pricing is like. 

According to a source known as credible, suggested retail price is about 10% below the price of the CC-01 Defender and Black Metallic Isuzu Mu.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Looks cool. Shame it's not on a better chassis IMO

Agreed!  I had to hack my CC-01 up really good just to get it to turn properly.  It was a fun project but I'm steering clear (pun intended) of another CC-01.  Come on Tamiya!  The CC-01 is old tech!

• Haha 1

The body looks good.  

Is this like the 16th CC-01 since 1993?  

I understand that CC01 makes sense for that Toyota. 

But, I wish they build something like MST CFX.  They can use 2 of the CC01 rear axles.  It'd be like CR-02.  

W13XqmO.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Juggular said:

Is this like the 16th CC-01 since 1993?  I

It's the 35th CC-01! Or just the 27th if not counting the XB's.  (Not counting the never released 58249)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

It's the 35th CC-01! Or just the 27th if not counting the XB's.  (Not counting the never released 58249)

Holy guacamole!  35th?  CC01 isn't a bad chassis, but that's a lot of milking out of 1 cow. 

It would take 140 years for Toyota to make 35th Corolla.  

It looks like a fairly faithful rep of the 1:1 car without spending a lot of cash on new parts.  I personally didn't like the 1:1 version and I don't really like the RC version but it's a nice body to use for other projects if you're into the modern truck look.  I wonder if those vertical rear windows are moulded into the body or just decals / paint masks?  I'd guess there will be more of these built to look stock or rock-crawler than boxart.

Looks lexan to me - be interesting to see if the interior A pillar grab handles make it to the actual kit, and if so how they do it (possibly tape adhered sections of trim inside the shell)

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Percymon said:

Looks lexan to me - be interesting to see if the interior A pillar grab handles make it to the actual kit, and if so how they do it (possibly tape adhered sections of trim inside the shell)

I doubt very much that there will be any interior detail at all. The windows look like they may even be opaque stickers. 

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:44 PM, Nitomor said:

I’m hoping it’ll be similar length to the Amarok Shell.

It has the same LWB CC-01 chassis configuration so though the mid wheel arch to mid wheel arch of the bodies may not be 100% identical, the Amarok and Hilux should be interchangeable.

• Like 1