Nitomor

New Tamiya CC01 coming...

7 hours ago, PoormanRC said:

Since MST has been using Tamiya Bodies for sale in their Kits/RTRs, WHY couldn't Tamiya use MST's CHASSIS?? The CFX would be a Godsend - especially if Tamiya could Engineer a lower Motor Mount, to fix the high center of gravity of the MST Design. 

WHY NOT, Right?

~ Carmine 💥

Now, there is an idea.  

Tamiya already has all the gears and axles of their own. They can re-use the TLT-1 stuff.  All they have to do is to mold the H frame like CFX.  And slap on the portal gears from Dynahead!  Then it'd be like CMX with a portal gear.  (below is a 4-link modded version of Tamiya TLT-1)  Seriously, Tamiya really needs to invest in some tall tires... Why does every tire has to be a balloon tire?  

2EO1dK0.jpg

3ITrg3B.jpg

lol... I wish Tamiya could make an affordable crawler.  But I doubt that "Tamiya pride" would allow them to buy anything from the Chinese.  (Who knows, since MST is Taiwanese, it might be different...but anything Taiwanese is expensive.) 

Tamiya does buy scale model kits from Europe; some Italian and Russian kits but nothing else.   

Tamiya tires are made hard to withstand the weight of a car for few months.  Thin-walled tires like Lunchbox tires will look like they've gone flat after sitting for months.  That's why collectors keep them off the tires.  (I just put old phone boxes under them)  Tamiya values the "static displayability."  Which is why they make great bodies.  

I wish they made the tires soft, and provide a stand instead.  The instruction could say, "to give extra grip for tires, we made tires soft. However, tires would flatten over time. Please keep the car on the stand when not in use..."  

The portal gear is not released yet.  So most people saw the photo only a day or two ago.