Mokei Kagaku

New: 58660 1/18 Dynahead 6x6 (G6-01TR chassis) and more.

It might not really need them if it's that slow but for this price it should have them anyway! It would still give a smoother and quieter ride. Never understood it when you consider one of Tamiya's cheapest kits, Neo fighter, comes with oil dampers, ESC and torque tuned motor.

True that - I for one was hoping that  the Neo Fighter was a sign of things to come in the shocks department.

Ah well, perhaps the portals are going to be really magnificent pieces of engineering that justify the extra cost, or maybe the shell will be super detaileddetailed or something.

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

Leak!!

I was hoping for something from the Tokyo show but it doesn't seem to have appeared...there a C-class DTM car though :huh:

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I was hoping for something from the Tokyo show but it doesn't seem to have appeared...there a C-class DTM car though :huh:

*expression of frustration* 

• Haha 1

Yeah I’m thinking it must still be many months away, although recently the information leaks have been sporadic. Some we hear only a week before they list next month release other can be 6 months. So could be quite awhile yet. If they release them the same month as the super astute it’s going to be an expensive month for many me thinks. 

i saw somewhere a december release???

There's a november show isn't there? It may get centre stage there with the SA

12 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Leak!!

I almost leaked in anticipation waiting for the leaked photo, but none came (no photo, no leak either -- I might be "generation Grasshopper" but I'm not that senile) 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, TWINSET said:

:( A good description will have to do then - Pick-up bed or closed back like a Dakar/Raid truck?

Ok , here we go :D

10.58660.jpg

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

As driven by 'Legless Laurence' :blink: - He's either drunk or got no legs
The tyres and wheels don't do much for it's offroad image (woulda preferred chevron tread like the other two 6x6) , but the body's nice enough

Its a bit unimaginative considering how detailed and nice looking the bodies of the other 6x6 vehicles are 

6 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Its a bit unimaginative considering how detailed and nice looking the bodies of the other 6x6 vehicles are 

I think none of these Utility vehicles are ever considered winning any design Awards;).

I assume that something like this is where they got the idea from:

csm-burlak-1a-7-11b73cd669.jpg

I can see where they're going with that, but I think I'll stick with my KBF-bodied 1:10 scale G6-01 project...

Yeah seems like they fell short on this one. 

Hopefully the reduction drives are available separately. 

I think the principle of the chassis is quite exciting but the body just looks very dull. Maybe i was expecting something a bit more futuristic based on the earlier speculation of the design team involved and their past work

Erm, I like it? :huh:

Of the three 6x6s so far this piques my interest the most.

I’m a sucker for those wheels, got a set waiting to go on my WW2.

I agree that the body could have been a LOT more adventurous. 

I’ll put it on the ‘potential’list for 2019. 

I have a few projects to get out of the way first! Might even have to reduce the fleet to make some room...

Just for balance I like it. Of all the bodies on that chassis I think it's the best. Looks a little "Thunderbirds" to me. May be showing my age however... 

3 hours ago, TWINSET said:

As driven by 'Legless Laurence' :blink: - He's either drunk or got no legs

Maybe "Legless Laurence" lost his legs in a Landfreeder crash.  :lol:

I was expecting more of a box body like scoobybooster posted, but that's ok.  It wouldn't be difficult to make a box for the back half of the shell to give it that look.  Also, if you dig into that Burlak 6x6 a little more, it's impressive in its own right and could be a neat subject to model on this chassis.  Box the back half, add a scale interior, lighting, engine sounds, trailer, and it would be an extensive project.  Winter is coming for most of us soon!

• Like 1

I also really like this kit. Will be getting one when the time comes. Besides, taste is subjective, some people like the Striker and Sonic Fighter (should have fired the guy who thought those up on the spot). Just sayin' lol.:P

So it's more of a crawler than the normal 6x6?

I like it and I think I'll get one, shame it hasn't got oil shocks to soften the shock of the price rise

it might look best with wider arms if its possible to fit as well

Wheels and tyres ok but shame they didn't make giant Unimog style ones!