the Jam

Siouxsie and the Banshees

the Chameleons

Echo and the Bunnymen

Pulp

Jesus and Mary Chain

what do you guys like to listen to??

• Like 3

I'm a die hard Led Zeppelin fan. I also love Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice In Chains and the rest of the alt./"grunge"  bands. I've been playing those songs on guitar for so long that I began to look to for something new. I found shoegaze music about 5 years ago. So lately I've been digging:

Alison's Halo

MBV

Catherine Wheel

Swerevdriver

Slowdive

I'm sure there's a ton of other bands in this genre that I need to hear.

• Like 2

Artists/bands and albums I have been partaking in as of late:

The Alan Parsons Project - Vulture Culture, I Robot, Eve, Ammonia Avenue

Eric Woolfson - Eric Woolfson Sings the Alan Parsons Project That Never Was

Larry Carlton & Tak Matsumoto - Take Your Pick

The Rippingtons - Topaz, Welcome to the St. James Club

Anything from mid 60's up to late 80's, very little after the 90's has much appeal to me.

Into vintage metal & heavy rock.

Nazareth, Focus, Sparks, Crazy World of Arthur Brown to mention just a few. 

• Like 2

My tastes are all over the place, but recently I've been listening to a lot of 70s-80s concept albums...

planet-p-project-pink-world-tony-carey.j

billy-thorpe-children-of-the-sun.jpg

genesis-the-lamb-lies-down-on-broadway.j

Iron Maiden, Mettalica , Megadeth etc, when just me in the car.

Wheels on the bus, Jack n Gill and Here we go round the mulberry bush ,when the family are in the car 🙉😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/8/2018 at 7:02 AM, 78Triumph said:

The stuff I've been listening to lately:

Happy Mondays

Doves

Brian Jonestown Massacre

the Jam

Siouxsie and the Banshees

the Chameleons

Echo and the Bunnymen

Pulp

Jesus and Mary Chain

what do you guys like to listen to??

Most of that, plus:

The Cure

Peter Murphy

Depeche Mode

Blancmange

The Creatures (Siouxsie)

New Order / Joy Division

The Psychedelic Furs

pre-90's Madonna (yep, I admit it)

Dead or Alive (yep, admit that one too)

Spandau Ballet

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Most of that, plus:

The Cure

Peter Murphy

Depeche Mode

Blancmange

The Creatures (Siouxsie)

New Order / Joy Division

The Psychedelic Furs

pre-90's Madonna (yep, I admit it)

Dead or Alive (yep, admit that one too)

Spandau Ballet

Right on man!  I should of added Depeche Mode as well!  I'm going to see the Psychedelic Furs in November.  Yeah, they're pretty old now, but it's only 20 minutes away from my house so I'm going to go.  Fall is the perfect season to listen to Siouxsie in my opinion! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Right on man!  I should of added Depeche Mode as well!  I'm going to see the Psychedelic Furs in November.  Yeah, they're pretty old now, but it's only 20 minutes away from my house so I'm going to go.  Fall is the perfect season to listen to Siouxsie in my opinion! 

Nice. I'd go see them. I saw Gary Numan last December. His sound quality was amazing. Every song sounds just like you hear it on CD, old and new. I can also highly recommend his most recent 3 albums. It's a total change of pace from his earlier work. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHomCiPFknY

I know what you mean about Fall being the perfect season for certain music. For the longest time, I only listened to Type O Negative in the Fall and Winter. 

• Like 1

90s rock here BUT that really means 70s to current rock. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Chillis Green Day, Sublime etc but can't go past @Wooders28 list of Metallica, megadeth, iron maiden etc as well. And there is some really good current stuff like Disturbed, Villiany, devilskin (think they're kiwi bands) chevelle, highly suspect, rise against. Then there is Tom Petty, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones etc. You will have noticed a theme by now...

• Like 3

Alan Walker and "One night in Bangkok" don't go together well, but what can I say?  

Just about a minute ago, I re-discovered this!  

80's stuff seems so silly!  I love it. 

• Like 3

always been into Deep Purple, but recently really enjoying the late 60s early 70s stuff, plus whitesnake and their recent purple album, Halestorms new album, A7X pre The Stage, and Stryper, Sweet and Lynch and Michael Sweet too (I'm a sucker for good guitar solos).

i been listening to Easter Island Statues a lot recently, this is their new one;

I've massively opened up my musical listening this year.  For the last few years I've mostly listened to ambient and prog house mixes on Mixcloud, but I started a new job that bans mixcloud so I have been on Youtube a lot more while working.  Recent discoveries:

Cercle: great live sets performed by contemporary electronic artists who I've never heard of.  Very inspiring to see electronic music played live and encouraging me to up my game and focus on making music that can be played live again.  My fave set of theirs has got to be Boris Brejcha at Chateau de Fontainebleau:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rc-NGWEHdU

Also I've been asked to DJ a hard techno set at a joint 40th party in 2020 (I haven't DJd live for about 10 years) but since I have no idea who's who in hard techno these days I've been listening to loads of mixes on Youtube.  Beamer has got to be a fave as he lists the artist/track names so they're easy to find and buy.  https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericanGangstaUnit

In terms of Ambient, I've recently discovered Bad Jonnie.  https://www.youtube.com/user/jonnie13black  At last, someone who mixed the sort of dark ambient that I want to listen to.

Any of you English blokes around in the 80s to witness the Manchester scene first hand?  I'm talking about New Order, Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, 808 State, the Smiths, etc?

• Like 2

Iron Maiden, early Metallica, Slayer, Thin Lizzy, Lynrd Skynrd, Van Halen. Metals my main thing, I play guitar too so that influenced a lot of what I listen to. I like a lot of other genres too, swing revival stuff like Royal Crown Revue, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and some easy listening edm like Avicii, Grum, and all the old 80’s synth stuff. And I can’t go pass good Aussie rock like Australian Crawl, Cold Chisel, The Angels etc. 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2018 at 8:26 PM, Wooders28 said:

Iron Maiden, Mettalica , Megadeth etc, when just me in the car.

Wheels on the bus, Jack n Gill and Here we go round the mulberry bush ,when the family are in the car 🙉😳

If I have to listen to the baby shark song once more I think I’ll explode! 

Whays you’re favorite Maiden album?

• Haha 1

Alternating between Alice In Chain ‘Rainer Fog’ and Idles ‘Joy As An Act Of Revolution’ recently.

Though had Wolf Alice ‘Visions of A Life’ today. Yuk Foo is Belly meets...something Riot Grrl with added synth! 

21 hours ago, Parkesy said:

Whays you’re favorite Maiden album?

No, definitive,  best album. 

I'm winter blues mode atm, so ive had , No prayer for the dying, and ,The book of souls. Although they had, can I play with madness , on planet rock yesterday,  so dug out 7th son 🙄 

(Joe Satriani - flying in a blue dream, and Steve Vai - Passion and Warfare, was laying with 7th son, so that's sorted out some listening too! 😀👍)

Leaving to go and see Fish performing live in Islington in about 30 mins.