78Triumph

What have you been listening to lately?

Saw these guys in concert last night. Fifth or sixth time I've seen them (I forget). Highly recommended...

Got me some DVDs the last months to enjoy some concerts, and each and every day I listen to music as much as I can.

The stuff I've been listening to the most the last weeks is George Jones, and Wade Hayes (Hardcore Country), Black Sabbath with Dio, and Early Ozzy solo records, Bee Gees, and LOTS of Phil Collins & Genesis, which I've been rediscovering...

If you can get the Heaven &badword Radio City Music Hall DVD with Ronnie James Dio, DO IT! It's one of the best live shows on DVD I have ever seen.

In my list of future DVD purchases I have the 70's McCartney/Wings show that a buddy of mine told me about.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mongoose1983 said:

Got me some DVDs the last months to enjoy some concerts, and each and every day I listen to music as much as I can.

The stuff I've been listening to the most the last weeks is George Jones, and Wade Hayes (Hardcore Country), Black Sabbath with Dio, and Early Ozzy solo records, Bee Gees, and LOTS of Phil Collins & Genesis, which I've been rediscovering...

If you can get the Heaven &badword Radio City Music Hall DVD with Ronnie James Dio, DO IT! It's one of the best live shows on DVD I have ever seen.

In my list of future DVD purchases I have the 70's McCartney/Wings show that a buddy of mine told me about.

All excellent choices...

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 6:45 PM, Frog Jumper said:

Lots of 2019 Tool concerts...

Terry

With the upcoming Tool album coming out I’ve been revisiting their catalog again. 

• Like 1

REO Speedwagon, Bob Seager, Paul Rodgers, Triumph, Rush, Def Leopard, Saxon, Pink Floyd, 38 Special 

Driving down the Highway Tunes, i like to rotate once a week between 6-10 CD's

next week Survivor, Journey, The Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, Night Ranger, Billy Squire, Bad Co., The Henry Paul Band, 

On 8/5/2019 at 5:53 PM, mongoose1983 said:

Saw The Oz at Cow Palace in the early eighties right before Rhodes died, Like Stevie Ray just died way too soon, i always imagine how much more music they could of shared.........................................................................................................................................................................It's truly Heaven and (H)-ell here on earth.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ACCEL said:

Saw The Oz at Cow Palace in the early eighties right before Rhodes died, Like Stevie Ray just died way too soon, i always imagine how much more music they could of shared.........................................................................................................................................................................It's truly Heaven and (H)-ell here on earth.

Ah, how many of the BIG names played the Cow Palace... You were there in Dec 1981 then. Lucky you! :)

Anyway, not sure you know but Randy Rhoads was going to leave Blizzard of Ozz right after that tour's final show to study classical guitar at UCLA. He wanted to go a complete different direction musically. And yes it would have been great if he would have left more recorded music. He was --and still is- one of the greatest guitar players in Rock N' Roll history!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ACCEL said:

REO Speedwagon, Bob Seager, Paul Rodgers, Triumph, Rush, Def Leopard, Saxon, Pink Floyd, 38 Special 

next week Survivor, Journey, The Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, Night Ranger, Billy Squire, Bad Co., The Henry Paul Band, 

Also a really good list... I've seen five of those in concert in the past few years (REO, Def Lep, Saxon, 38 Special, and Bad Co) along with ELO, Motley Crue, Alice Cooper (twice), Judas Priest (twice), Styx, Mark Knopfler, Tesla, Sting, Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson, Joan Jett, Heart, Uriah Heep, Violent Femmes, Colin Hay (of Men At Work fame) and probably some others I've forgotten. Really wanted to see Rush, but my wife isn't a fan and I couldn't justify a $200 ticket just for me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ACCEL said:

Good bunch of rockers! Your list is missing Bachman-Turner Overdrive! :)

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 6:59 PM, mongoose1983 said:

Good bunch of rockers! Your list is missing Bachman-Turner Overdrive! :)

BTO, I'll have to shop for them, i have so much Vinyl and CD's. (and DVD's) another great addiction!

i usually start collecting like well, when you mentioned BTO.

How about Joe Bonamassa? his story, his music made me cry. caught him one late night on PBS, and who comes on stage with him during his performance Paul Rodgers and Eric Clapton, i wept like a new born babe HA!😂

It's been raining and chilly for a few days.  

This song popped up on Alexa.  For now, I like it.  

On Friday 11th I ticked another rave off the bucket list : saw Mallorca Lee from old school 90’s Ultra Sonic on the (possibly last) Aussie tour at HQ club in Adelaide; all the way from Scotland :) 

• Like 2

I got the Scorpions De-Luxe CD reissue of their 1979 masterpiece, Lovedrive. The new set includes a DVD of a live show in Japan, and a documentary. Top-notch reissue for what has got to be one the greatest albums released in the 70's decade!

Also, somebody gave me a collection of old DVDs. One of the discs really took me by surprise. It's John Fogerty's Premonition concert. I think it's from 1997. What a fantastic performance! This guy is so talented and humble. I'm surprised. So I've been playing a lot of the old Creedence albums, and mostly the Fogerty solo albums. great stuff!

• Like 2

Siouxsie and the Banshees

the Chameleons

Echo and the Bunnymen

the Verve

Spritualized

Spacemen 3

the Smiths

• Like 1

Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream era stuff. Probably because I'm trying to nail down Billy Corgan's fuzz tone on my guitar along with building another guitar to suit that kind of music. 

Recently:

Future of the Left

Luke Haines/The Auteurs

Big Thief

Motorhead

The Fall

Slowcoaches

Life Without Buildings

Emmylou

Waylon

Some 00's Aussie metal.

Cryogenic, Superheist, Testeagles.

Blast from the past.

Also Skinlab, Static X, Drowning Pool from the same era.

And Edge Crusher by Fear Factory, the latest song I've learned on bass.

Rock & Blues

Anvil

Iron Maiden

Rival Sons

Myles Kennedy

Walter Trout

Govt mule

Gary Clark Jr

I was listening to John Denver.  And looking up the airplane he last flew.  

e7GEIHB.png

Then, I found this song.  I had been told my taste in music is "utterly random."  I'm thinking it's true (I'm sorry).  Going from Annie's Song to this is a bit of jump (and age --this is for young people).  I had listened to few Japanese songs from animations before, but this K-pop feels different.  If this hits a Billion views, we might hear our kids playing it...  I'm at an age where I would scream, "Turn that darn thing down!"  (lol... my wife just yelled that to me)  I must be immature. (that I am)  

It makes me feel like marching out and run my RC cars right now!