78Triumph

What have you been listening to lately?

11 hours ago, Juggular said:

Then, I found this song.  I had been told my taste in music is "utterly random."  I'm thinking it's true (I'm sorry).  Going from Annie's Song to this is a bit of jump (and age --this is for young people).  I had listened to few Japanese songs from animations before, but this K-pop feels different.  If this hits a Billion views, we might hear our kids playing it...  I'm at an age where I would scream, "Turn that darn thing down!"  (lol... my wife just yelled that to me)  I must be immature. (that I am)  

It makes me feel like marching out and run my RC cars right now!  

I'm sorry @Juggular, but WTH was that? (I say in my curmudgeonly old man voice) lol. Kidding. Different strokes for different folks. 

On the topic of taste, I once had a (fairly attention starved) coworker who delighted in listening to every kind of music under the sun and broadcast that fact loudly and repeatedly. As such I could be subjected to country (which personally enrage me, sorry country fans, its only my opinion, I'm not saying its bad), Japanese pop, rap, stoner metal and on and on (always at top volume of course). He said he had broad taste but I countered he had no taste in music. If someone likes everything and is not discerning about anything, do they have taste, good, bad or otherwise? Is not part of taste both likes and dislikes? I'm open to opinions on the subject.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol... I blame everything on this guy.  

I think I listened to him when I was building my first Grasshopper.  That ruined me for life!  

But these are the songs I grew up with. 

I miss all these goofy movies and songs in them.   

Come to think of it, the 80's messed me up. 

That whole decade was as confused as Michael Jackson's transformation.   

I might be still tangled in the 80's.  But that's my decade. I won't be me without the 80's.  I can't believe all these movies are 30 years old.  lol...  

Kudos for those who found his own way out of that mess (musically speaking).  Back then, I asked my friends to make me mix tapes (remember cassettes?).

VaWtYLC.jpg

If I made it, I'd put "How Much is the Doggy in The Window" right after "Eye of the Tiger."  Not that anybody listened to Patti Page by then (except for my mom. I used to tell her, "Please mom, you are from the Beatles generation!").  Thanks to her, I'd occasionally sing it. 

My roommate in school thought I made it up just to be silly.  He heard it years later walking down the street and suddenly cracked up like a crazy guy. (I had told him it was a real song--apparently, he thought I was pulling his leg) 

Anyway, I lovingly blame everything on the 80's...  

• Like 2

A little holiday cheer for you all... (lyrics are PG-13, in case you don't know)

• Thanks 1

Great music for downing out everyone at the office...  Our company changed to an open floor plan recently so there are a ton of people standing around talking; it kills my concentration while I'm trying to work.  So I strap on a pair of decent headphones, flip on noise cancellation, and get into the zone.  Our office is this really sedate, politically-correct environment; to look at me no one has any clue I'm rocking out while tapping away on the computer...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Great music for downing out everyone at the office...  Our company changed to an open floor plan recently so there are a ton of people standing around talking; it kills my concentration while I'm trying to work.  So I strap on a pair of decent headphones, flip on noise cancellation, and get into the zone.  Our office is this really sedate, politically-correct environment; to look at me no one has any clue I'm rocking out while tapping away on the computer...

I'm in the same environment at my cube-farm...  

You're in NC, right???  Fayetteville area or something???

I've been listening to a lot of That Station.  Depending on your taste, you might like it???  Its the best "local" station I've found in a looooong time...

https://www.thatstation.net/

Terry

[archiveorg gd1977-05-08.111493.mtx.seamons.sbeok.flac16 width=640 height=140 frameborder=0 webkitallowfullscreen=true mozallowfullscreen=true]

Please delete my last post (the one with the archive.org junk).  Edit function is broken...

Terry

1 hour ago, Frog Jumper said:

I'm in the same environment at my cube-farm...  

You're in NC, right???  Fayetteville area or something???

I've been listening to a lot of That Station.  Depending on your taste, you might like it???  Its the best "local" station I've found in a looooong time...

https://www.thatstation.net/

Terry

Yeah, NC, over in Winston-Salem.  We should meet up some time for a drive or to check out each others' collections.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Yeah, NC, over in Winston-Salem.  We should meet up some time for a drive or to check out each others' collections.

You'll be disappointed in my collection and my driving skills...

Terry

• Like 1

Lately I've been listening non-stop to Poco's 1990 masterpiece album, Legacy. I particularly love this appearance at the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, you can actually see the guys having the time of their lives with a such a bombastic comeback breaking the Billboard's top 10 like never before!!

• Like 1

After his passing, loads by Andrew Weatherall. It's no lie to say he had a big part to play in my teenage years.

• Thanks 1

This:

.. and the rest of the album is also awesome.

Great stuff to get me pumped up and my head into the right space before work, sports, a big event, etc. 

On 2/23/2020 at 1:27 PM, Futura said:

After his passing, loads by Andrew Weatherall. It's no lie to say he had a big part to play in my teenage years.

Now we're talking!!

• Like 1

Been a fan of Front 242 since the early 90s and realized the other day I missed one of their studio albums, so I grabbed it off Amazon and ripped it for my phone.  Much like the stuff I posted above, great for driving to/from work, or blocking everyone out at the office...  Use some good headphones if possible to get all the bass.

• Like 1

I seem to have fallen down a ska/ska-punk rabbit hole today.... lots of Madness, Clash, Operation Ivy, and of course:

Survivor, Triumph, Elton, Journey, Paul Rodgers as of the last couple of weeks in my work truck the system is two Zapco Z-1KD for two 12" NVX VCW122 subwoofers under rear bench seat , Diamond HX400.2 for two Pioneer TS-650PRO and two TS-B350PRO and two Rockford Fosgate Punch PPS4-6(rear doors),  fronts Pioneer GM-D8604  two Morels Tempo Ultra Integra 602, HU Kenwood KDC-X502, Zapco ASP-X4 electronic crossover, ARC Audio XEQ equalizer.

Total RMS= 2,120.

when i listen to Music i do not hear a dang thing, I Feel the Music!

Knuconcepts 1AWG wiring and down the line, ready to change some things this summer

i've been installing car audio since i received my drivers license.

i could add more power but it doesn't need it.

My HM "65" replica AC Cobra is just a tad bit more(ok a heck of a lot more)

i do not blow anything, all gains are set to top out full volume (kinda like gearing in our RC's) to much, Puff the magic dragon.

i'll start a thread this summer Full Tilt Audio. What is that i said? i can't hear you!:lol:

Home audio is a Monster that attracts Police, angry neighbors and drowns out the Buchanan airport

It is my loudest toy and it will loosen your teeth.

• Like 1

... Would you believe The Rutles?

I have come around to appreciating just how brilliantly they spoofed the Beatles, having already taken the time to appreciate how they are actually decent musicians, too. "All You Need is Cash" was a good laugh :D

Someday, I should be getting their second album "Archaeology" in the mail...

• Like 1

One of Canada's finest rock bands ever, and the first one to hit the Billboard with both, single and album in 1974... Bachman-Turner Overdrive. Hang on to your seats because C.F. Turner's growl is like an avalanche of power!