tamiya_1971

Ford F150 Ranger XLT 58027

So I bought this off ebay last night. What drives me nuts is the inability to ask questions if something seems like a good price. I hate having to make a split decision on whether I should ask a few questions about the item or just flat out buy it and risk it. I've lost too many good deals on "buy it now" because I've sent questions.

Were there aftermarket nerf bars for the SRB's?

Here are the pics from ebay:

Quite a few pieces with it. Hopefully some of it is still functional.

dbVkmmo.jpg

The body doesn't look too awful, of course I can't see the tailgate or the other side.

nhXJIKL.jpg

I'm hoping the radio box isn't too jacked (looks like tape has been holding it together). Hard to tell from these awful pics. The bumper looks like an ok aftermarket. I have an old original looking bumper I can always put on it.

4SEYJE4.jpg

Nerf bars.. I couldn't locate any pics of stock Tamiya photos with these for SRB's. That chassis where the bumper meets looks like it may be bad off.

gupd8zY.jpg

u4cO85d.jpg

WtOp4a4.jpg

I hope to take apart the battery and put a lipo in it.

0Gwz80b.jpg

Good there are some decals left.

rmOq4Qf.jpg

qLbpxvd.jpg

NwQ2zFI.jpg

ihj9IN3.jpg

ZTm05PY.jpg

Not sure about those bars, but they look custom made from aluminum tube to me.  The fact that they are not exactly symmetrical leads me to believe that.  For what you paid looks like you got a good deal, parts alone should be worth more than what you paid.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info everyone.  It should arrive Saturday. I didn't really even notice the arms being white. I looked up RCH, they had some cool parts. They also apparently had some sort of feud with CRP. 

This purchase shouldn't have happened. I swore to myself after I bought a TRX-4, I wouldn't get another car until next year.

I received the truck and the condition isn't too bad.

Can anyone tell me if all the wheels on the Ranger are identical? It looks like I'm missing one part of a rear wheel - that center part that goes in the tire. I did end up with 2 brand new tires, and one Rough Rider front tire/wheel.

What I've noticed so far:

• chassis broken, needs replacement
  • one steering plastic E part piece needs replacement
  • universal joints need replacement, originals are pretty sloppy
  • gear and motor cover may be cracked, so dirty it's hard to tell
  • radio box has two broken spots where the cam locks go into. I may or may not replace it since it'll just be sitting.
  • the body is in pretty darn good shape, it's missing the rear window and the front windshield is broken where the screws attach under the hood. Anyone know if I can glue or plastic weld this together?
  • decals are mostly there for the truck. it also had a brand new Kyosho/Cox Gallop decal set, and some partial Sand Scorcher/Rough Rider decals.

Also, what does this compression spring in the Torsion Bar Bag go to? I'm searching the instructions and not seeing it.

EfoVDI3.jpg?2

QlqEXOg.jpg?1

Bh4ZtLv.jpg?1

Ru0D04B.jpg?1

BnXeCrs.jpg?1

anNKzLM.jpg?1

nPguPoy.jpg?1

boGGFYK.jpg?2

EGVqGy6.jpg?1

gRDmNNg.jpg?1

iM0HPvk.jpg?1

3hqi58S.jpg?1

9BbnnF2.jpg?1

• Like 1

I'd sell one of my children for an OG blue XLT/BF Body in that condition!

Terry

• Haha 1

The compression spring is for the cam-locks that hold down the radio box lid.

I think that the Ranger rear wheels and Brat rear wheels are all the same, it was the early fronts that had a greater offset.

Rich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You should send me that big NGK decal ;)

Great find btw and it looks to be in really good shape!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Finman said:

I think that the Ranger rear wheels and Brat rear wheels are all the same, it was the early fronts that had a greater offset.

Rich

I swear this spring is bigger then the camlocks. I’ll upload a pic later.

16 minutes ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I swear this spring is bigger then the camlocks. I’ll upload a pic later.

Some people used to fit springs internally in the front dampers and get rid of the butterfly spring on the front axle.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Finman said:

Rich

You were correct. That spring was to something else. 

9 hours ago, NWarty said:

You should send me that big NGK decal ;)

Great find btw and it looks to be in really good shape!

Happen to have a Futaba FP-2L battery cover in exchange for big NGK decal? :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

Happen to have a Futaba FP-2L battery cover in exchange for big NGK decal? :D

I sure don't :( Should be an easy find for you though 

That chassis looks in really good condition. The drip rail on the driver door is an easy fix. Best of all it came with those original decals

On 9/23/2018 at 9:13 AM, Shodog said:

That chassis looks in really good condition. The drip rail on the driver door is an easy fix. Best of all it came with those original decals

I always wondered how to fix the drip rails. I have an old Blackfoot body that has the same issue that I can practice on.  Please tell me how! :)

My first RC that I received as a hand me down from my dad back in 1986 was like this. Although the body was painted black.

• Like 1

Looks like a good find. The Ranger body even has all the bits of the front arches still in place! With the various re-releases out now you should be able to get all the bits you need easily. As mentioned above the M27 springs are for the 4 cam locks.

• Like 1

I finally found a great condition rear window (and a poor front) for the Ranger on ebay. The rear is clean except for one glue drip which I think I can scrape off.

Voa9P0E.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I finally found a great condition rear window (and a poor front) for the Ranger on ebay. The rear is clean except for one glue drip which I think I can scrape off.

Voa9P0E.jpg

Nice find got a couple of spare front screens but never seem to find the rears!

3 hours ago, max69vk said:

Nice find got a couple of spare front screens but never seem to find the rears!

If I happen to see another rear one come up sometime, i'll get it and we can work something out if you have an unbroken front screen!

I've started cleaning up the windows a bit. The rear window cleaned up nicely, there is some original owner glue run on it which left it slightly damaged in the lower left corner. Other than that, it's a fairly nice specimen.  The front window required Plastruct on both broken hood tabs. I've never used it before, but was impressed it has held together so far. I don't plan on running this body, so hopefully I can refrain from somehow messing the window up when I put it all back together.

nYfMUna.jpg

7GBCsU3.jpg

• Like 2

Good work, Novus is great for rescuing window parts like these 👍🏼