tamiya_1971

Ford F150 Ranger XLT 58027

2 hours ago, max69vk said:

Good work, Novus is great for rescuing window parts like these 👍🏼

Thanks! I love Novus. I can't believe what a great job it does on plastic.

Finished the front end clean up on the Ranger. Used an ultrasonic cleaner on the parts. It worked really well. Threw in a new o-ring on the shocks. So far, no leaks.  Attached that RC Channel bottom plate. I think it looks good and will keep the chassis straight. The fiberglass chassis has a nice bend in the front.

Now onto the rear. 

bWdSbr0.jpg

pxiQbJx.jpg

tX0Nvz0.jpg

Any updates on this? I just picked up a re re sand scorcher and plan on making a tribute F150 ranger with it. 

1 hour ago, Brut4s said:

Any updates on this? I just picked up a re re sand scorcher and plan on making a tribute F150 ranger with it. 

Funny you asked. It’s been sitting on a shelf next to my desk and I look at it daily. I was staring at it during a conference call last week and went into a trance thinking about the body when I heard my name being said over and over. 😄 Unfortunately, I’ve done nothing with the body yet. The chassis is close to being finished. I’ll snap some pics this weekend and upload. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I rebuilt a Ford ranger a few years ago and it was probably the best rebuild/refurbished buggy I ever did (I haven't done many mind you) I was so proud of the finished truck! I'll refrain from the story when I sold it on Ebay because it still makes me angry and kinda knocks your confidence a bit!

IMG_20170910_081801.jpg

IMG_20170813_175305.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, moffman said:

I rebuilt a Ford ranger a few years ago and it was probably the best rebuild/refurbished buggy I ever did (I haven't done many mind you) I was so proud of the finished truck! I'll refrain from the story when I sold it on Ebay because it still makes me angry and kinda knocks your confidence a bit!

IMG_20170910_081801.jpg

IMG_20170813_175305.jpg

That’s a beauty. This thread may cause me to start working on mine again. I always think a different color would be great, but as soon as I see one done with box art, I change my mind. eBay and I have had the worst year for sales, stupid things happening, people not reading the description, return on an esc that wasn’t working (it was).... I can only imagine what happened in your situation.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

That’s a beauty. This thread may cause me to start working on mine again. I always think a different color would be great, but as soon as I see one done with box art, I change my mind. eBay and I have had the worst year for sales, stupid things happening, people not reading the description, return on an esc that wasn’t working (it was).... I can only imagine what happened in your situation.

Definitely not blowing my own trumpet but it was a really good truck and in the description I made it very clear it was refurbished and a 35+ year truck but when he received it he complained it wasn't as described and he needed a big discount and he then took it all apart and sold it for spares (so it doesn't exist anymore which is a shame) he said he would only except perfection (honestly that's what he said!! what a sorry can't swear on this forum)

• Sad 1

Hopefully you didn’t discount.  Some people are just awful and will do anything to get a better deal. That dude sounds like one of them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moffman said:

Definitely not blowing my own trumpet but it was a really good truck and in the description I made it very clear it was refurbished and a 35+ year truck but when he received it he complained it wasn't as described and he needed a big discount and he then took it all apart and sold it for spares (so it doesn't exist anymore which is a shame) he said he would only except perfection (honestly that's what he said!! what a sorry can't swear on this forum)

That’s a crappy thing to happen on every level.

That is a beauty, it reminds me of when I finished building mine for Xmas  early 80s I think I was up at about 6am building it, my only battery I had was on charge all day, I think I finished it to run quite late in the evening had about 15 mins go on it then battery was flat had to wait until next morning for another go I only had a trickle charger then.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ploots said:

That is a beauty, it reminds me of when I finished building mine for Xmas  early 80s I think I was up at about 6am building it, my only battery I had was on charge all day, I think I finished it to run quite late in the evening had about 15 mins go on it then battery was flat had to wait until next morning for another go I only had a trickle charger then.

Are mate that was me at xmas but my dad took over the build with the words "oh can I just look at that bit a moment" role on a few hours and next door neighbour's are all around the table putting their views on building the ranger and I'm sitting looking at the decals set and the box art🙄

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2020 at 10:20 PM, Brut4s said:

Here's some updated pics. 

Vag4sHW.jpg

OZcd5TF.jpg

Yba0qW3.jpg

C2fHnZC.jpg

Ac2BPgk.jpg

qnCKcU1.jpg

8LqjPfX.jpg

LUGZeee.jpg

• Like 5