gizard

2013 Egress New for £379

I am very tempted to buy another - I already have one is that a good price?

As of 5 mins ago, RC Mart has it at $359 plus shipping; http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-58583-egress-2013-road-p-38061.html?cPath=420_1183

Shipping is at least $64, so $423 = £322 before any customs charges, which could be up to £64 plus a clearing fee
Haven't imported from RC Mart for a while, so don't know what their customs avoidance process is like

Legally, it should cost you around £400 +/- change to import (£322 + £64 + £13)

As a subscriber, you get 10% off at Fusion; https://www.fusionhobbies.com/product/58583-tamiya-egress   £377

Tamico have it pre-order for £347 shipped (stock 5 October) - no import fees as they're in Germany
https://tamico.de/navi.php?a=25477&lang=eng

Hmm thanks - it was an email from Jadlam which caut my eye - but maybe best to wait. Thanks for the responses.

I bought the current egress at circa £350 plus shipping from Modelbau-Seidel when they were still exporting to the UK. As a runner I find it great. I also have a RE-RE Avante NIB but tempted to get a Black special soon as well...…

The only thing about the Egress is with rear track width seems a little narrow with the Dark impact wheels and tyres I have on it - ie I tend to roll it a fair bit. With the original wheels and tyres in was awesome in the snow earlier this year.

I can see me buying both when funds will allow :) as they are a great build and if I have two then there are spares etc...… especially as I have two sons!

There's a 10% offer on Ebay UK today until 8pm . I've had an Email from Jadlam this morning selling the egress at £355.45 via their Ebay store using the PERKS 10% code. 

On 9/14/2018 at 10:14 AM, gizard said:

Hmm thanks - it was an email from Jadlam which caut my eye - but maybe best to wait. Thanks for the responses.

I bought the current egress at circa £350 plus shipping from Modelbau-Seidel when they were still exporting to the UK. As a runner I find it great. I also have a RE-RE Avante NIB but tempted to get a Black special soon as well...…

The only thing about the Egress is with rear track width seems a little narrow with the Dark impact wheels and tyres I have on it - ie I tend to roll it a fair bit. With the original wheels and tyres in was awesome in the snow earlier this year.

I can see me buying both when funds will allow :) as they are a great build and if I have two then there are spares etc...… especially as I have two sons!

I spent a few k at Seidel over the years when and why have they stopped shipping to the UK? Well that sucks now we only have the over priced UK eBay sellers.

Yes I know not worth ordering a few small parts as shipping is expensive. 

If places like Tamico can have competitive pricing on parts and cars I mean they are on average 15-20% cheaper and why can’t any of the UK places have competitive pricing??. I would rather support the UK economy but when likes of Tony Tamiya Parts on eBay from what I can see is way over priced. Example Tamiya king pin set 53141 priced £7.75 Seidel has it for around €4.50

1 hour ago, Avante2001R said:

If places like Tamico can have competitive pricing on parts and cars I mean they are on average 15-20% cheaper and why can’t any of the UK places have competitive pricing??

The UK is a really expensive place to live. In comparison with NL for example, cars are cheaper, child care is cheaper, eating out and Taxis are about the same. That's about the end of the pros. For the cons, literally everything else is vastly

cheaper than in the UK. Food and utility bills are half the price, alcohol and ciggies are less than half the price. Public transport is cheap and well-run. I don't know, maybe it's due to taxing things differently.

The UK is also a bit weird in that it has a huge population in a relatively tiny space, so maybe the market is a little different because of that.

1 hour ago, Avante2001R said:

I would rather support the UK economy but.......

I guess you'll be kind of forced into that soon. Make hay while the sun shines. :)

1 hour ago, Fuijo said:

The UK is a really expensive place to live. In comparison with NL for example, cars are cheaper, child care is cheaper, eating out and Taxis are about the same. That's about the end of the pros. For the cons, literally everything else is vastly

cheaper than in the UK. Food and utility bills are half the price, alcohol and ciggies are less than half the price. Public transport is cheap and well-run. I don't know, maybe it's due to taxing things differently.

The UK is also a bit weird in that it has a huge population in a relatively tiny space, so maybe the market is a little different because of that.

I guess you'll be kind of forced into that soon. Make hay while the sun shines. :)

What visitors need to understand about the UK is it has in all parts of great Britain really beautiful towns and countryside and really good people to go with that and you won't be disappointed visiting but we have in this country a thing we call "ripoff Britain" and people and businesses that use this practice justify this by the other frase called "supply and demand" and don't get me started on utility companies😠

No to mention business rates but eBay sellers typically operate from home or a small unit so unlikely they have rates and you can get 100% relief. Just another way to get more money out of people usually.

blBefore anyone mentions our import duties and taxes Eu countries also must pay. Again the question why is tamico and Seidel much much cheaper? 

44 minutes ago, Avante2001R said:

Again the question why is tamico and Seidel much much cheaper? 

Just speculation, but when you buy in the EU you pay local taxes. So if Germany taxes luxury goods less than the UK does, then those goods will seem cheaper when bought from the UK.

As we (UK) are still part of the EU there is no additional Tax  / VAT to pay. I should really trust Tamico by now and use my credit card direct - as I am sure I get a worse exchange rate using paypal. I had ideas of having a blast over there on the Autobahns at some point to pickup a few kits (ultimately it would be more expensive than delivered but fun and I think there store would be fun to have a look around).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gizard said:

As we (UK) are still part of the EU there is no additional Tax  / VAT to pay. I should really trust Tamico by now and use my credit card direct - as I am sure I get a worse exchange rate using paypal. I had ideas of having a blast over there on the Autobahns at some point to pickup a few kits (ultimately it would be more expensive than delivered but fun and I think there store would be fun to have a look around).

Sounds like a good plan if I did that I'd probably bankrupt myself🤔!