Avante2001R

Terra Scorcher Paint Work

I bought this car about 4 years ago with an unpainted shell. So I thought it was about time I painted it. 

3658_BF36-99_F5-44_D3-_B8_F3-192_B91_E51

5_D594_DE2-6212-46_BA-9_A6_A-_CBB18748_E

678_D3_DEF-_CF44-478_D-9_B8_E-_D2908_E16

CABE6_DB1-00_A4-4_C18-9292-25_F0_A6_A9_C

D3_ACEEC4-_A9_C0-431_A-_A55_E-90057656_C

• Like 12

Looks good, they are a total *%&^er to cut out. I have my TBG one almost done (going to get all 6 bodies cut before painting em all. Only have the Terra and Thunder Dragon cut out so far. wtill to finish round the front shocks suspension arms and body mount holes. I am going to do mine in red.

terra done.jpegNOTE:- This is the red that I am copying, as I sold this car back to the original owner after a nut and bolt rebuild with new parts. Mine is still clear and not all cut out.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Baddon said:

Looks good, they are a total *%&^er to cut out. I have my TBG one almost done (going to get all 6 bodies cut before painting em all. Only have the Terra and Thunder Dragon cut out so far. wtill to finish round the front shocks suspension arms and body mount holes. I am going to do mine in red.

terra done.jpegNOTE:- This is the red that I am copying, as I sold this car back to the original owner after a nut and bolt rebuild with new parts. Mine is still clear and not all cut out.

I cut a thunder shot, fire dragon and a terra scorcher shell when I was 12/13 years  old didn’t have any issues or remember it to be hard. Looking at some of my old originals I can see I was very accurate at cutting and probably better then than I am now.

13 hours ago, Avante2001R said:

I cut a thunder shot, fire dragon and a terra scorcher shell when I was 12/13 years  old didn’t have any issues or remember it to be hard. Looking at some of my old originals I can see I was very accurate at cutting and probably better then than I am now.

Likely as a kid we had better eye sight and were trying less, I am sooooooo ^&%(ed off if I get even slightly off the line and my over 40 year old eyes and hands are not as nimble or accurate as my early teenage ones were!! so likely your right.

I have a Marui Hunter shell to paint and cut out soon. I don't mind the painting, but the cutting out is going to be a bit of a faff.

Wow..! Am v jealous. I have been searching for an unpainted Terra Scorcher body for absolutely ages......! Your car looks awesome.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Wow..! Am v jealous. I have been searching for an unpainted Terra Scorcher body for absolutely ages......! Your car looks awesome.

Thanks actually I have been thinking if I should keep it sell.... not sure what it’s worth. 

Gents you can get a TBG one its what I have bought. Decals from MCI (both Canadian companies and easy to deal with)

I have bought the following from them. NOT FINISHED A SINGLE ONE AS YET!!!!!

Thundershot, Thunderdragon, Terra Scorcher, Fire Dragon, Boomerang & Winger.

collection July18.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks a lot @Baddon . Good suggestion for TBG. I have only ever ordered one shell from them and it was for a car I didn’t have the original Tamiya shell for, so I can’t really comment on how accurate they are to originals. What do you think?

Love your photo and your state of multiple unfinished-ness :) 

• Like 1

The TBG bodies are good quality Polycarb (possibly a little thicker than the original Tamiya bodies) only drawback is at some stage they have been moulded from an original so the body cut lines are not as good as an original. Makes cutting the bodes a little harder. OR it could just be I am pants at cutting them out so hate this part.....

Their Quality checks are good as if something not quite right they put it in dis guard bin/. Have not used the MCI decals so cant comment on them. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 11:49 AM, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Thanks a lot @Baddon . Good suggestion for TBG. I have only ever ordered one shell from them and it was for a car I didn’t have the original Tamiya shell for, so I can’t really comment on how accurate they are to originals. What do you think?

Love your photo and your state of multiple unfinished-ness :) 

I got a TBG Thunder Dragon shell and it's good. 

The body mount hole didn’t want to line up. Funny the Oem Tamiya shell easily fits over the tbg perfectly. It’s on the small side.

9DDA6B39-B747-4A7E-8371-BBE964A949BF.jpeg