Carrera124

Update to Hyundai 93043: kit version also available

Yup Myn has arrived in Australia, hopefully I’ll see it next week some time. 

Wonder who’ll be first to post a pic of our overpriced counterfeit fake tamoya hyundong i333 wrx std shell..

• Like 1

Haha... I'll let you have the honours sir.... let's just hope they are both the same with the same decals sheet etc etc ;p

I’m gonna believe it when I see it.. I guess we will get them and then the next day tamiyablog will announce it’s being released worldwide next month and the body’s will be at rcmart for $28.. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Appears to be legit!

on the negative there is no stickers the right paint color for me to know if I’ve mixed it right. Then again if there isn’t any of that color sticker then it doesn’t really matter if it’s not perfect I guess. Time to burn $50 of paint cans trying to mix it lol. 

Actually it shouldn’t be that hard if I understand correctly

1 part blue voilet

2 parts brilliant blue 

45 parts ps1 white 

100ml can of white, remove 10ml

add 2ml blue voilet 

add 4ml brilliant blue. 

Does that sound right??

BE7CC815-1B98-4970-814C-AC39DE03567A.thumb.jpeg.5aa736ba9a2499fa782781e5e9d70dac.jpegA27C8182-4370-452D-A5A6-461FC4EF0C66.thumb.jpeg.92180cf501d52e5b0ae1d370bac906f9.jpeg1FE5842B-4987-479F-903E-347895E604AE.thumb.jpeg.56b55b021e81845a01db44cd75a9763c.jpeg66874848-6F6D-46C9-BE23-F3A4C1E6EF83.thumb.jpeg.971de653bef7c020abe4d6789675cdc9.jpeg

• Like 4

Yup, and all 4 driver options, have to get 3 more now lol.. nah if Thierry wins this year I’ll go with that. FAE2D3CA-FB2E-4891-9E30-21651E9107AA.jpeg.eda8330db0e2cc41a71025cd14c3fcca.jpeg

• Like 1

So mine finally arrived at my door after an extra £25 ransom note was paid from Her Majesty's Imports Custom team!

This shell now stands me at about £90..... it can't live up to £90 worth of lovliness that's for sure,  but now I'm down the hole I'd best enjoy the view and try and make a good job of it :(

I won't be going box art as that looks meh imo, black might look good though... watch this space.

47H5XBs.jpg

• Sad 2

Makes a lot more sense to get just the body, for the kit not only are you paying more than the going rate for a bog standard TT-02, you're paying the extra shipping weight too.

It's expensive for £90, considering what vintage loveliness you can get for the same price, but if it remains limited to Korea like the Veloster then it's worth it. Of course, if it gets a global release and there are tons out there for £30 delivered then it's not! The only way to ensure that it's easily and cheaply available is to tempt fate and buy one for the current high price, which I have just done :D

Incidentally it's strange that this has Shell logos on the stickers but they've been removed from the 190E Diebels and C-Class Promarkt re-releases. Must not be a blanket Shell IP licence but specific to the model, or licensed via the manufacturer rather than direct.

39 minutes ago, Truck Norris said:

Makes a lot more sense to get just the body, for the kit not only are you paying more than the going rate for a bog standard TT-02, you're paying the extra shipping weight too.

It's expensive for £90, considering what vintage loveliness you can get for the same price, but if it remains limited to Korea like the Veloster then it's worth it. Of course, if it gets a global release and there are tons out there for £30 delivered then it's not! The only way to ensure that it's easily and cheaply available is to tempt fate and buy one for the current high price, which I have just done :D

Incidentally it's strange that this has Shell logos on the stickers but they've been removed from the 190E Diebels and C-Class Promarkt re-releases. Must not be a blanket Shell IP licence but specific to the model, or licensed via the manufacturer rather than direct.

The licensing thing is probably down to manufactures no longer having a commercial relationship with some of these companies. Mercedes F1 and DTM teams have recently been sponsored by Petronas – I assume this relationship may extend to their road cars too, perhaps OE Mercedes oils are made by Petronas or a company other than Shell, therefore Mercedes may not want to or be allowed to ‘promote’ a company with whom they no longer have any commercial relationship. This can also explain to missing tyre logos on some bodies. 

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

So mine finally arrived at my door after an extra £25 ransom note was paid from Her Majesty's Imports Custom team!

This shell now stands me at about £90..... it can't live up to £90 worth of lovliness that's for sure,  but now I'm down the hole I'd best enjoy the view and try and make a good job of it :(

I won't be going box art as that looks meh imo, black might look good though... watch this space.

47H5XBs.jpg

Shame it’s cost you so much, but I’m looking forward to seeing your finished result. Will you rally sticker it, or go more of a drift style?

37 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Shame it’s cost you so much, but I’m looking forward to seeing your finished result. Will you rally sticker it, or go more of a drift style?

I’m not sure 🤔, seems a shame not to use the decals and it’s not like I can sell them on as no one needs them on their own.... I’m trying to pick a coulour scheme that compliments the decals scheme now... I wanted black but then it will lose features like the bonnet vent decals and window frames against it.

The blue and the flouro in here reminds me of the old Martini Focus - how about white? Or a pearl white if one exists? I assume you'd keep the dark blue wings, nose and sills?

14 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I’m not sure 🤔, seems a shame not to use the decals and it’s not like I can sell them on as no one needs them on their own.... I’m trying to pick a coulour scheme that compliments the decals scheme now... I wanted black but then it will lose features like the bonnet vent decals and window frames against it.

Just mix the box art colors already, you know no one else will get it right lol. 

• Haha 2

On 11/14/2018 at 5:28 PM, Jason1145 said:

If you've got buyer's remorse I'd happily give you what you paid for it, plus postage from you to me so you're not out of pocket at all :) My order was cancelled without explanation for some reason.

13 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

The blue and the flouro in here reminds me of the old Martini Focus - how about white? Or a pearl white if one exists? I assume you'd keep the dark blue wings, nose and sills?

I’m sure @Boddney used a pearl white for his MR2?

I was thinking replace the dark blue with red and the remaining top of the car in white... then try to rally decal it as best suited.

3 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

If you've got buyer's remorse I'd happily give you what you paid for it, plus postage from you to me so you're not out of pocket at all :) My order was cancelled without explanation for some reason.

Sorry to hear your order didn’t go through, but I do still want this i20 in my collection so with no hint of it being any easier to source I’m holding on to it.

Update - Shell cut and mounted on a used, tired, beaten up TA01 chassis... like putting a fancy top hat 🎩 on a drunk 😵 

Nooo, stick with blue! You’ll lose the impact of the red grille surround :D.

Ignore me - whatever you do will be better that I could achieve!

Ha you are right about the grill surround, so I might just do red along the front splitter only  ;) 

Strange how things work out. After my order got cancelled by GMarket and my account was locked I tried unsuccessfully to create another account (no matter what email address I used the activation email never arrived, nor got flagged as spam).

I was thinking I was never going to get one of these then in December I found an eBay seller in South Korea had them for $88 shipped - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283303609278 It arrived within a couple of weeks and bonus - no import duty, so around £68 to my door. Still expensive but not too bad.

Not sure how the numbering is working, I've not seen any that aren't in the 1500s, but I got 1580:

i20-wrc-body-set.jpg

i20-wrc-body-set-header.jpg

I wonder is there a limit on how many shells where produced? as in a small limit where all shells have a unique number?

Just bought one as well from where u bought yours truck Norris 👍 £71 with exchange rate . Hope it gets to uk in one piece

3 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

Strange how things work out. After my order got cancelled by GMarket and my account was locked I tried unsuccessfully to create another account (no matter what email address I used the activation email never arrived, nor got flagged as spam).

I was thinking I was never going to get one of these then in December I found an eBay seller in South Korea had them for $88 shipped - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283303609278 It arrived within a couple of weeks and bonus - no import duty, so around £68 to my door. Still expensive but not too bad.

Not sure how the numbering is working, I've not seen any that aren't in the 1500s, but I got 1580:

i20-wrc-body-set.jpg

i20-wrc-body-set-header.jpg

How long did it take to arrive?