Fabia130vRS

Which Kyosho Buggy is it and is it rare?

Thought about trading my Tamiya DF02 with hop ups for this kyosho. What model is it? Does it belong to a DT01 Group vehicle or is it more complex?

pictures below.

1zf3er8.png2qbdvtc.png2mcy268.png

It's a Kyosho Scorpion. It's a vintage design, not sure from looking quickly if it's an original or a re-re.
It wouldn't qualify for a DT-01 race I wouldn't think. Different brand, very different design.

I'd like one, but I'm not sure what you should do. Depends where and when you'd want to use it. It should be worth a bit more than your DT-02 (DF-02?)

• Like 1

I have a DF02, I wanted to restore the DF02, what I did, but it eats the spur’s quick. Also to change the spur is a ton of work.

I would like a buggy for my child as entry model. So the Scorpion seems fun and would be my first Kyosho model ever.

would brushless fit or only brushed motors?

You could fit a Brushless to it, the gearbox is all metal so it should handle it ok.
If it's for your kid to drive I wouldn't get anything too powerful for it though, and an old design like that wouldn't handle a great deal of speed that well.

Other than that, Kyosho make good products, so you won't lose by getting it.

I would not install a brushless motor in that.  Get the re-release version if you want to run brushless.

Honestly, I would not buy a vintage Scorpion for a kid.  It won't last with kid driving styles and parts are expensive.  You and the kid would be unhappy in the long run.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

My kid would get my DT01 and I would drive the scorpion. No big deal. 

the dt01 has far better handling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beautiful buggy!!

That is actually a Graupner Scorpion, a 1985-86 Japanese vehicle made for the German market. That's what the black tub, shocks, and wheels show at least.

I have one, they don't have diff but are totally awesome :)

• Like 1

I recently built up a new Turbo Scorpion re re and am very surprised how well it drives, very surprising....