Sign in to follow this  
78Triumph

Converting a Neo Scorcher to a touring car/rally car?

Are there any major differences between the TT-02B chassis and the TT02 chassis in terms of suspension arms, shock towers, etc?  I'm contemplating of changing my Neo Scorcher into a on-road/rally car.  Thank you!

You may be better off opting for a wide bodied rally body, and throwing some rally wheels and running the buggy chassis as an on road/ rally car. Lower the ride hieght and have better handling with the wider arms

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Nope.

Just the Arms. Towers. Dog bones. And shocks.

Plus the uprights front and rear, steering links, body posts, upper wishbone mount and the wishbone inserts for the uprights. 

I have a Dual Ridge and a TT-02R so could photo the chassis side by side later if need be. I had the same thought but in reverse and ended up just buying the Dual Ridge because a body plus all the parts came to almost more than a kit. 

11 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

You may be better off opting for a wide bodied rally body, and throwing some rally wheels and running the buggy chassis as an on road/ rally car. Lower the ride hieght and have better handling with the wider arms

This is a great idea, you'll be able to use the Neo Scorcher underneath as dust cover to protect the drive train and electrics. The only issue I found with the TT-02R was its ability to fill with debris running off road in its rally set up! 

2 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Plus the uprights front and rear, steering links, body posts, upper wishbone mount and the wishbone inserts for the uprights. 

I have a Dual Ridge and a TT-02R so could photo the chassis side by side later if need be. I had the same thought but in reverse and ended up just buying the Dual Ridge because a body plus all the parts came to almost more than a kit. 

This is a great idea, you'll be able to use the Neo Scorcher underneath as dust cover to protect the drive train and electrics. The only issue I found with the TT-02R was its ability to fill with debris running off road in its rally set up! 

Turns out I forgot a couple of things. Lol. Got there in the end though

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys!  Seeing that TT-02s are pretty cheap to begin with, I'll probably just keep the Neo Scorcher as is and get a TT-02 kit.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Thanks for the info guys!  Seeing that TT-02s are pretty cheap to begin with, I'll probably just keep the Neo Scorcher as is and get a TT-02 kit.

Saves a lot of messing around to be fair.

• Like 1