Jason1145

List of Supercar bodyshells

I’m in the process of making a Supercar collection.... what I mean by Supercar is just simply the more expensive type of road cars you can buy like Ferrari’s, Zonda, Lamborghini’s... Porsche too.

So far I’ve got a good collection of bodyshells but I’m curious if I’m missing some that I’m just not aware of.. so hopefully you guys can shout out some shells that will sit on a standard Tamiya touring car like the TT01, TT02, TL01.

The shells don’t have to be Tamiya, in fact I already have a HPI Porsche and Zonda shell so all recommendations are welcomed.

My list of shells acquired so far is:

HPI Porsche 911 Turbo (17527)

HPI  Pagani  Zonda F (17523)

Tamiya La Ferrari (58582)

Tamiya Ferrari Enzo 

Tamiya Ferrari F12 TDF (58644)

Tamiya Porsche Carrera GT (58322)

Tamiya Lamborghini Countach 

Unknown Lamborghini Gallardo

Matrixline Lamborghini Gallardo

I want to add what to me is a classic Porsche - the Tamiya 911 Carera RSR with the big eyed front lights as I call them , but I’d need a 251mm wheelbase Chassis aswell

All suggestions welcome, I’m sure there might be some shells out there from Bugatti, McClaren, Lotus or Bentley I’m missing?

28 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Traxxas do a 1/10 shell of the 2017 Ford GT which looks very nice.

83056-4rd-ksiss.jpg

Very nice!

Pity it’s a bit expensive £65 in UK, and comes in 3 lexan pieces to be fixed together judging by one photo of the shell I just saw.

50 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Thanks chaps checking them out later today ;)

Whst about an Aston Martin?

Yep. Fairly sure HPI did a DB9 race version.

If people are classing the Ford GT as a super car (which is very much is NOT imo)

Then HPI do a very nice selection of American beasts.

Chevvy Corvette C6 race car

Dodge Viper SRT 8 and SRT 10

If you can still find them or not is an entirely different story.

• Like 1

Why would the Ford GT not be a "super car"? In a number of articles at thr time of release it was being referred to as a super car by motoring journalists. Its performance is certainly up there with the others listed and in terms of the 2017 GT much rarer.

Yeah, I said Ford GT, not Ford Mustang GT!

img37537_716201642436_2.jpg

If anything we should toss the De Tomaso off the list because it 'only' has a Ford 351 in it.  And personally I'd drop Porsche because they're too common and accessible to the average dentist; they've diluted the brand with SUVs and 4-door vehicles.  Only vehicles that are likely to burst into flames and cost 20k per oil change should be on his list!

• Haha 1

Buggati Veyron. Dont know who make the body but ive defo seen it.

IMO the Ford GT is a glorified sports car. Not a supercar. It doesnt even have V8 and anything with Ecoboost technology belongs in a Mondeo.

Not that super cars need V8s but the definiation of super car needs to be cleared.

• Haha 1

I’m not going to say what is or it isn’t a Supercar despite the thread title... my mistake but I just wanted the more exclusive, expensive cars that are either very sleek or very angular and in real life are very expensive, then if they catch my eye,  it will get on my collection list, so all nominees are welcomed.

With that said I’m not feeling impressed enough with the following to consider buying :

Ferrari 360

Ferrari F430

Ferrari 458

I do however like the HPI De Tomaso just because it’s very exclusive... well, I hardly see them on the forums and it just looks cool.

I do like Ford GT done in white above as looks sweet as, so it’s on the list, even if it might have window buttons lifted from a Ford Firsta ;)

The Mercedes AMG GT3 is already on the list - awesome looking car.

I can’t find any of the Aston Martin shells so will keep looking, sure I’ve seen a Lotus Elise somewhere too I would like.

I saw the Bugatti Veyron shell... but looking st it again I’ve gone of it... it kind of looked like a Beluga whale with its bulbous front end.. maybe it was the clear shell making it look worse but hey ho I need to be ruthless and keep the list to my absolute favourites. ;) 

I’m surprised I haven’t seen a single Ferrari F12 TDF sitting on any members TC chassis’s, as I think that shell is absolutely stunning. I just bought one shellalready painted in blue shown below and wow... I can’t wait to build my own TT02 kit Ferrari F12 TDF - which I’ve been sitting on for 2 months!

AX6QrP0.jpg

9GYYtD2.jpg

KnojohG.jpg

• Like 1

I think TBG do a Lotus Exige body. It will be more m chassis than touring car though, I think

And I’m sure there is a touring race body out in the wild that looks a LOT like an Evora. I’ll see if I can find it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

I think TBG do a Lotus Exige body. It will be more m chassis than touring car though, I think

And I’m sure there is a touring race body out in the wild that looks a LOT like an Evora. I’ll see if I can find it...

What’s an Evora? Was that a spellchecked Elise?! ;)

33 minutes ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Just seen a Matrixline Ferrari 599 on ebay.

Was it for £23.80, that’s the only one I could see but it didn’t mention Matrixline so I’m not sure????