Jason1145

List of Supercar bodyshells

On 9/29/2018 at 6:13 AM, salvine said:

Cross Ferrari F-40 LM

i LOVE an F40, i would love one of these or a pre-painted Tamiya one 

On 9/29/2018 at 7:09 PM, Badcrumble said:

I think TBG do a Lotus Exige body. It will be more m chassis than touring car though, I think

And I’m sure there is a touring race body out in the wild that looks a LOT like an Evora. I’ll see if I can find it...

Got there in the end...

BittyDesigns GT12 ls3 shell

https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/news/hop-up-news/bittydesigns-gt12-ls3-shell-r870/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Got there in the end...

BittyDesigns GT12 ls3 shell

https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/news/hop-up-news/bittydesigns-gt12-ls3-shell-r870/

Thanks Mr Crumble, I’m not a fan but it deserves to be here anyway ;)

17 hours ago, rjg1973 said:

HPI did a Series 1 and Series 2 Elise. Both are hard to find. 

Here’s my Series 2. 

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=130699&id=29570

Now that Elise looks very nice, even nicer than the 1:1 version you have! Thanks for adding it.

This reminds me I can also look outside of Tamiya if I fancy just a chassis to sit a display car on, I have blindness for Tamiya!

• Like 1

Tamiya did a Ferrari F40 on a Group C chassis. 270mm wheelbase and 200mm wide though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GooneyBird said:

Tamiya did a Ferrari F40 on a Group C chassis. 270mm wheelbase and 200mm wide though.

Thanks Goony

My Matrixline Gallardo shell just painted with sparkle and Tangerine

3X2Nbj8.jpg

NzHrD20.jpg

C929lLk.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/5/2018 at 5:36 PM, Jason1145 said:

My Matrixline Gallardo shell just painted with sparkle and Tangerine

3X2Nbj8.jpg

NzHrD20.jpg

C929lLk.jpg

That looks great, i really like that shell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin_Mc said:

That looks great, i really like that shell. 

For the price (circa £25) and the fact the clear Tamiya one is minimum €50 from Germany ( plus postage - but only if you have a friend in Germany who can ship it to UK for you) without decals or masks etc this is a good second option..

Yeah, that’s not a bad deal at all. I take it it comes with decals and masks? What about light buckets? Just when i see you’ve masked the lights off and left them clear. 

Yeah the window masks are very good with no bleeds, the decals are ok.. windows are filled in grey colour so not ideal. I’ve just cut the black edging out for the windscreen and it’s fitted ok, will leave the sides and rear windows as is.

It comes with light buckets, very good fitment too I’ve just fitted them after going for a gold colour on them.

And done.... soon to be starring in my own Supercar thread... turned out well despite shoo goo trying to ruin it with the light buckets

Hl6YyAe.jpg

Kyosho do the DBR9 justice, I still have some spare decals but had to sell the shell on for funds.

Tamiya of course made the Countach LP500S - not sure if that's been mentioned yet?

As well as the Enzo there was the FXX model.

Tamiya's R8 isn't far off a road car bodykit wise if you were so inclined.

The HPI Zonda was one of their better (less Mr Blobby) ones...

• Like 1

I was chatting with @oddster on another thread of his earlier and we got chatting about Kyosho's range of 'scale' RC cars from the early 90s. Some of these, including a Ferrari F40 and a Corvette ZR-1, were based on Optima Mid or Ultima chassis, but they also produced a Jaguar XJ220 and a Lamborghini Diablo on a specially produced chassis. The chassis is apparently pretty poor, though, and I suspect availability is non-existent. Plus even if you could get hold of a shell, it would apparently be way too big for the chassis you are suggesting.

That said, the shell is pretty good, all told, and oddster's one is lovely. See also the Kyosho Porsche 911 'Flatnose' in the pics, too. Thread here.

The list wouldn't be complete without one of the greatest supercars ever, the McLaren F1 :) Kyosho released a couple of 1/10 McLaren F1's in different liveries back in the 90's. They looked really great, comparable to Tamiya. Correct proportions and great detail. 

On 11/21/2018 at 2:58 PM, one_hit said:

The list wouldn't be complete without one of the greatest supercars ever, the McLaren F1 :) Kyosho released a couple of 1/10 McLaren F1's in different liveries back in the 90's. They looked really great, comparable to Tamiya. Correct proportions and great detail. 

They did a 190mm and a super-size 1/10th, both longtail variants.  I have an uncut supersize, but really want a 190mm gulf body.  I'd also like to add that HPI did a short tail F1 road version that was excellent, then they made a blob version later that looks terribly disproportionate.  I missed my eBay opportunity to get one! here's a pic: https://imgur.com/nPePV6I

The HPI Pantera is now scarce I recently found out, so now I need to buy another copy!  I had one on my first hobby-grade RC drifter and currently have one on my VTA competition car.

Here are a few supercars that are uncommon shells:

OOP:
TVR Sagaris by HPI
Lamborghini Muira by HobbyKing (pretty sure it's a copy of something else, I want one badly!)
Ferrari F50GT by Hot Bodies
Jag XJ220 by Kyosho
Pagani Huyara by Redcat (i had one, liked the shell a lot, easy to pierce the headlamp holes for LED installation)

Available if you look:
Hennessey Venom by BittyDesign
Lotus Exige V6 by Carisma  (and yes it is Exige, that's the fixed roof Elise variant)

On 17 November 2018 at 11:14 AM, Yalson said:

I was chatting with @oddster on another thread of his earlier and we got chatting about Kyosho's range of 'scale' RC cars from the early 90s. Some of these, including a Ferrari F40 and a Corvette ZR-1, were based on Optima Mid or Ultima chassis, but they also produced a Jaguar XJ220 and a Lamborghini Diablo on a specially produced chassis. The chassis is apparently pretty poor, though, and I suspect availability is non-existent. Plus even if you could get hold of a shell, it would apparently be way too big for the chassis you are suggesting.

That said, the shell is pretty good, all told, and oddster's one is lovely. See also the Kyosho Porsche 911 'Flatnose' in the pics, too. Thread here.

suspect the Kyosho ScaleSuper was a bit before Diablo's time

there's a Countach though, white box art 

also R32 Godzilla

Long wheelbase 1/10 buggy or TGX SuperTen can be made to fit.