Sign in to follow this  
Slyda

Boomerang Tribute

Despite the fact that I have been using this for a few weeks now, I can now say it is finally finished. When I first got the Boomerang my first thought was to paint it green & gold, slap an Aussie flag on it you bewdy, bonza mate! My very next thought was, "No wait a minute, the Boomerang is not Australian it's Aboriginal." I thought about painting it brown with some white dots & squiggles and make it look like Aboriginal art, but I thought that might be even more insulting than putting the colonial queen's flag on it. So in the end I went with the original box design but changed the colours to that of the Aboriginal flag. Black, Red & Yellow. I hope it is a suitable tribute to the origins of The Boomerang.

DSCN5775.JPG

DSCN5777.JPG

• Like 7

This afternoon was the final round of the Manawatu Indoor RC Car Club winter series in which I had used the Boomerang for the final three rounds after using one of my Hoppers in the first. I was running in the Vintage 540 class where, save for the first round, I was the only one running in the class. Thankfully Tamiya build great cars and both cars ran faultlessly and finished every race without fault to come away with the overall win. Being the only one in the class means I cant even claim it was a Steven Bradbury win. :P:lol:

42679480_2212312472187677_3210118102456991744_n.jpg

• Like 5

Really nice boomer. I really want one of these. Good choice making it the colours of the Aboriginal flag. B) And congrats on the win! I'd love to race one of these vintage tamiya in a series over here in the UK. It's not about the speed but how you get around that matters.

That Steven Bradbury win had me in stitches :lol:. Hadn't seen it before, just found it on youtube.

• Thanks 1