Dirt-540

Postage costs?

Wondered what the postage costs are from Stellamodels to the UK? I'm thinking 2 or maybe 3 kits. Some kind of cover or tracking would have to be included with spending that kind of money.

If you make the order, it shows the postage, you may have to make an account with them?. 

Tamico might be better for the U.K?.

Edit2Add>  Just tried stella models and it was £43 on one CC01 kit. £67.57 on two kits. £92.92 on 3 kits.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 3:40 PM, Dirt-540 said:

Wondered what the postage costs are from Stellamodels to the UK? I'm thinking 2 or maybe 3 kits. Some kind of cover or tracking would have to be included with spending that kind of money.

Dont forget the import duty. The tax man will hit you on the way in for duty at 20% plus the vat. That will add a fair bit extra onto any order from the USA. I have stopped importing stuff due to the high cost. If you order a kit for $250 for example, it could cost up to an additional £100 time it gets to you.

J

You're right about the additional costs, but I don't think duty would be as high as 20% udusly its between 5-10%.

It can add up though, lets say the purchase and shipping come to £100.

Add 5% duty = 105

Add 20% VAT = 126

The courier will autmatically clear the item through customs and then charge you for that too, the fee varies from about £8 to as high as £17 that I've seen. So we're £134-143 now.

some retailers who are used to international sales will pre-pay the customs charges and therefore you don't get any charges when the item arrives. I believe that you could do this personally, but not sure of the process you'd need to follow.

To be fair to Stellamodels they charge per weight of items, so light items are reasonable shipping cost. I ordered a few bits on the 9th of July and they turned up today  (15th of July) and the shipping cost to the UK was £4.90 which is actually cheaper than some online shops charge in the UK.

Also was quite surprise to see the items turn up in a cardboard box for protection.

With this in mind I will be using them again especially for small bits and pieces.

Stella have in my experience over many years been excellent to buy from on both price and quality of packaging (to the UK in my case). 👍

Their shipping prices is killing it for me 80-100$ to Norway. Very few kits in stock (hardly any at the moment) for a long time but they refently had Super Avante for 234$, if only.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:57 AM, simalarion said:

Their shipping prices is killing it for me 80-100$ to Norway. Very few kits in stock (hardly any at the moment) for a long time but they refently had Super Avante for 234$, if only.

$100 is nothing, I put a Avante Black Special in my cart at $369 US, Stella wants $999.99 US postage to Australia that is just ridiculous price gouging 

13 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

$100 is nothing, I put a Avante Black Special in my cart at $369 US, Stella wants $999.99 US postage to Australia that is just ridiculous price gouging 

In my recent experience, the $999.99 happens when for some reason there are problems shipping from Hong Kong to certain countries, so it creates a block on anyone in their right mind placing an order, rather than it being a representative or actual shipping cost. I wanted a $30 item, and it was $999.99 postage to the uk. It related to an issue at the time with shipping via Hong Kong post tithe uk, and an email to Stella meant I was given the option to wait until the situation was resolved with the local postage service, or pay a bit more for it to come via another carrier. Check with Stella Models directly would be my suggestion.