Jason1145

Jason's Supercar Collection so far......

This is going to be a running theme as I add more cars to this collection, but this pursuit of Supercars (anything I consider a supercar) has kept me entertained for 6 months now and has led me to amass this collection so far... I've 6 cars in total now... but there are more planned (Mr Twisted X Slayer has been drafted in to help build a TT02 chassis for me as a favour). 

These are the ones in that are either already RTR or are nearing completion..... I will keep updating as new stuff happens.

Here's a few quick group shots and more details of each car will follow with there own pictures and descriptions of where they currently are build wise.

79Zmaq3.jpg

8uJMgvV.jpg

SIrZNJd.jpg

a67nVMj.jpg

MdnhVJO.jpg

L6FpTNw.jpg

m2rRhuu.jpg

NYgMjEG.jpg

First up, in no particular order.....

Porsche 911 Turbo (997) HPI Shell on a TT01E - Brushless 3100kv motor, 2-3s esc, 2.4Ghz radio, Alturn AAS-700STD Servo. Wheels are 9mm rear and 6mm front offset. Gearing TBC.

I think I bought this TT01E roller from BadCrumble on TC, I matched it up with the HPI bodyshell and painted it in Spearmint Green,  although I've now had this as RTR status for many months I have yet to take it for a maiden voyage.... the other cars have kept me busy - and this is also really nice shell (the first in my Supercar collection that started it all off actually) so I am scared to wreck it any :(

Yu2xg7b.jpg

2ENaXSv.jpg

YQoRemg.jpg

DgWSAsh.jpg

wb9uI3T.jpg

HpNhN0i.jpg

6nu47uR.jpg

More to follow.

• Like 12

This would be a cool add on.

https://www.njuskalo.hr/rc-modeli/ferrari-fxx-ta-05-chassis-4wd-rc-model-1-10-oglas-22820309

200$, I believe this body is rare, not sure tho, and this is prooven NIB with invoice and all, no esc. 

He also has a Toyota Supra Esso Ultraflow painted body with esc TT01E, Beetle M04L, VW Golf V GTI Cup TT01E with Led kit/esc and BMW 320si WTCC 2006 TT01E with led kit/esc NIB all, usual retail price.

Nice collection, and entertaining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fabia130vRS said:

This would be a cool add on.

https://www.njuskalo.hr/rc-modeli/ferrari-fxx-ta-05-chassis-4wd-rc-model-1-10-oglas-22820309

200$, I believe this body is rare, not sure tho, and this is prooven NIB with invoice and all, no esc. 

He also has a Toyota Supra Esso Ultraflow painted body with esc TT01E, Beetle M04L, VW Golf V GTI Cup TT01E with Led kit/esc and BMW 320si WTCC 2006 TT01E with led kit/esc NIB all, usual retail price.

Nice collection, and entertaining.

I am not a fan of that FXX.. thanks for suggesting it though.

(There is a NIB FXX TT01 (58377) on EBay UK for £150 but I’m not after it)

I have looked st a few other Tamiya offerings and am considering ruling out the Tamiya Ferrari 360, F430 and the 458 as they look just a bit meh... just my opinion.

Shells I already have but still need to paint 🎨 are the Tamiya Ferrari Enzo, HPI Zonda Pagani and another Ferrari F12 TDF.

The mint green Porsche is my favorite so far; it reminds me of a series of Blendtec videos done a few years ago:

:lol:

• Like 2

Nice collection! I love the color on that 997 but can't help but notice something off with the proportions. The HPI body looks too long in my opinion. Have you looked at the Tamiya 911 (997) GT3? It has a shorter wheelbase and looks better proportioned than the HPI 997. 

• Like 1

I love that they are all different colours!

I have a battered Ferrari supercar body in the garage I’ll have to send your way at some point- it will save you trashing one of your good ones when you run the chassis. I think it is an Enzo...it is definitely red!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, one_hit said:

Nice collection! I love the color on that 997 but can't help but notice something off with the proportions. The HPI body looks too long in my opinion. Have you looked at the Tamiya 911 (997) GT3? It has a shorter wheelbase and looks better proportioned than the HPI 997. 

Just squint and it’s ok 👌I hear you but in the flesh it ain’t too bad, I like it! Thanks for the GT3 pointed it’s just too similar to my HPI one... however I do want a Tamiya RSR Carrera Porsche as it reminds me of the yellow one in the 1985 film Commando

2 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Loving the Elise out of them 3... thanks now I’m off to find if I can get that Delta Plastik shell in the UK, as postage from USA is more than the shell ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

I love that they are all different colours!

I have a battered Ferrari supercar body in the garage I’ll have to send your way at some point- it will save you trashing one of your good ones when you run the chassis. I think it is an Enzo...it is definitely red!

Thanks that’s an awesome idea, let me know if there’s a chassis attached to the shell too and I’ll make it worth your while ;)

The colours are nooo accident... I still need a yellow and black car now.

I love the colour of the blue Ferrari, i love the wheels on the Gallardo and love the Murcielago shell in general - who makes it?

1 hour ago, Kevin_Mc said:

I love the colour of the blue Ferrari, i love the wheels on the Gallardo and love the Murcielago shell in general - who makes it?

Mercialago?? The Orange one  is a Gallardo, and the silver/grey says Gallardo on the number plate... is it in fact a Mercialago? I’m not hot on specific models so open to correction.

The silver/grey one was bought ready painted and sold as listed for a Tamiya TT01... the bodypost holes don’t look Pre drilled but rather made by the previous owner so make of the shell is undetermined.

No, you’re right - it’s a Gallardo right enough. The side air intake threw me but it’s lower on the Murcielago. It was the silver one that caught my eye but i saw the orange one in your other thread and loved it too.

Jason, i reckon the silver one is an HPI shell. If you search “rc gallardo body” on Google images the HPI one looks to have the same intake on the side and the same number plate on it.

You’ve now got me looking at Murcielago bodies and getting ideas...!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kevin_Mc said:

Jason, i reckon the silver one is an HPI shell. If you search “rc gallardo body” on Google images the HPI one looks to have the same intake on the side and the same number plate on it.

You’ve now got me looking at Murcielago bodies and getting ideas...!

Righto Kev if you find a Mercialago shell let me know too pls :)

Yes I reckon that is a HPI Gallardo I have in silver... Pity it doesn’t come with the light buckets and full decals like when new... on the hunt now!

• Like 1

You might want to add the AMG GT3 shell as your black car. Although supplied with a race wing and decals, you can omit them and it looks just like the street version. It also looks great in black!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

You might want to add the AMG GT3 shell as your black car. Although supplied with a race wing and decals, you can omit them and it looks just like the street version. It also looks great in black!

This shell has caught my attention a few times already, it’s  on the list thanks, the box art grey one is nice but a sleeker Street version might look better.

Hi Jason, here are my HPI Murcielago bodies. Mounted on a Tamiya TA04 Pro and HPI Pro 4 both were acquired in 2005.

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

• Like 1

They’re smart! It’s impossible to get a hold of an unpainted, clear shell now. Most were pre-painted blue and came RTR

3 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Hi Jason, here are my HPI Murcielago bodies. Mounted on a Tamiya TA04 Pro and HPI Pro 4 both were acquired in 2005.

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

Yes yes yes but how much do you want for one of those shells?????

Those two are very nice examples, thanks for making me drool over my IPhone!

As Kevin said these are just not available anymore... there is a however a very beat up silver painted one on EBay right now, but it looks a wreck :(

I have found an alternative though.... from the Lamborgjini stable ... you guys heard of the Diablo?

http://www.deltaplastik.it/?p=prodotti&l=eng&id=148

This Delta Plastik... how good are there shells for details?

I’ve jumped straight in and just ordered 3 different shells from Delta Plastik ( Diablo is one of them) so I guess I can answer that myself soon enough 

They also do a Ferrari Enzo but I’ve already secured a clear Tamiya Enzo shell to paint so don’t need to chance this particular one ;)

http://www.deltaplastik.it/?p=prodotti&l=eng&id=147

Of course! The Diablo (like the Countach) still holds up to it's own up to now and can stand beside any modern supercar.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

This shell has caught my attention a few times already, it’s  on the list thanks, the box art grey one is nice but a sleeker Street version might look better.

Cool! Let me know if you'd like me to build a chassis for it. :)

• Like 1

On to the second body shell and it's one I recently finished as a few of you may have already seen, the Matrixline Gallardo sat on a TL-01 XB Chassis ( came as a Merc CLK DTM but I sold that shell to Carts)

This shell is pretty good quality, the window masks are excellent with no bleeding even using a hairdryer multiple times between coats of paint, the light buckets are a nice touch, the decals are decent too but not the best for realism.. I added a lot of my own sponsor decals to hid the glue holding the light buckets in place.

This cars electrics are soon to be replaced with something a bit more brushless and 2.4 giga-hertz... and some oil shocks too.

nScmhem.jpg

yrwLx1G.jpg

UiN0W1K.jpg

UXeVWHY.jpg

itOONgd.jpg

vSvxwRy.jpg

Ap2hYXY.jpg

SZHYNPG.jpg

xPi0DrZ.jpg

rTKvI4w.jpg

• Like 1

Third shell is an Tamiya Lamborghini Countach, this is an XB TT01E chassis with all stock electrics (Silver can and TEU-101BK) and the Tamiya light kit fitted with 2 front and 2 rear bulbs already installed.

Despite this having a Tamiya 27Mhz radio fitted (TRU-02) I haven't the heart to rip it out and replace it... it's so nicely packaged and pre-wired up from the factory I might leave it as is........ maybe.

UML41dy.jpg

wWlwvlC.jpg

EmPhCM2.jpg

SM9qbTL.jpg

FDTchcm.jpg

vE8nvoF.jpg

am6X8Zi.jpg

gO3f0iy.jpg

2XST9Nv.jpg

EkiVeSc.jpg

80u1DBY.jpg

• Like 2