Sign in to follow this  
victor101car

Unknown Carson shell - help?

Hoping you can help me identify a couple of shells here.

I have come across a Carson Alfa shell (code is 13128) which is WAY too big to fit a touring car.  It is ~280mm wheelbase and is 230-240mm wide, and about 160-170mm tall.

I am wondering if it was designed to fit onto an old Tamiya truck of some sort rather than a tourer... any ideas?

I have another one of the same sort of size as well.  A Merc saloon (C class I think) which is code 13414.  They are quite old so I cannot find anything on the net about them.

Cheers

Victor101car

alfa.jpg

Carson had a few nitro fuel cars ( re branded from unknown source )  , there 1/8 ish.. scale ( not .. exactly really )

Looks like there from there ( had a few before )

there was ProTen which had 235mm track width, either pan chassis electric or some nitro suspension cars too. However they were mostly canam GTP type shells used.

Being a saloon... have you tried putting it over a 1/10 buggy like a Hotshot or Optima? Before Touring cars it wasn't unknown to put sedan shells onto buggy for Tarmac racing, Kyosho's SuperScale/SuperTen came about this way ditto Tamiya TGR. 

Those bodies were made for Carson's nitro touring cars in the first place. And those nitro touring cars were derived from their 1/10 scale buggies. Those Buggies were the same size as e.g. the Kyosho Optimas, therefore they fit very well on those wide touring cars that were en vogue before the narrow touring cars like TA-01 or Yokomo YR4. In the pictures you can see some pre 1992 wide touring cars, i.e. modified buggies, width 220-245mm and wheelbase 265- 290mm.

Bosscat and Frewer Alfa

RIMG2734.JPG.7a5c48da3121011fab28578c863bfc08.JPG

Cougar and Parma Benz190

RIMG2738.JPG.31db69c7b996c51048b059e3e3e287e9.JPG

Optima and Parma M3

RIMG3305.JPG.bfe9319d079eb6917f087e0cc88f87f8.JPG