Nicadraus

Nicadraus' FF cars

So I picked up the kits today. Sweet bargain ($200 for both). The Pro even have some added upgrades like aluminum steering track, aluminum gear adaptor, aluminum front bulkhead stiffener/heatsink, carbon fiber battery holder. I added a set of aluminum wheel hex hubs which I had and aluminum servo arm horn. I'll still upgrade some parts like front upper linkage mount, rear carbon fiber shock tower, carbon fiber rear upper deck, graphite front bumper stiffer, aluminum suspension mount (front & rear), and aluminum rocker arm set, 

The Pro never ran. It was only displayed while the stock did a few runs but it still looks like new. The stock doesn't even have any scratches under the chassis. Although will be either used as a rally car or will be used for parts donor in case.

P1140627.JPG

P1140622.JPG

P1140625.JPG

Plan is to tune this baby to my own version using mix parts from Tamiya and aftermarket brand as well as DIY custom parts.

• Like 8

I am a big fan of this chassis and FF04, been looking at it a long time ago, seeing it like this, just confirms my chassis bucket list.

• Thanks 1

Did it come with the furry critters or are they an aftermarket add-on? :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

Did it come with the furry critters or are they an aftermarket add-on? :)

Yeah! They actually power the chassis. Hahaha!

Seriously, they're roborovski hamsters. The smallest but fastest breed of hamsters. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I am a big fan of this chassis and FF04, been looking at it a long time ago, seeing it like this, just confirms my chassis bucket list.

Oh I'd like to have an FF04 Evo too. But I'm good with the FF03 for now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

They look super nice!

6 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Very nice chassis's indeed. Good buy.

Thanks guys! :)

1 hour ago, Juls1 said:

You don’t have a ff02...... this conundrum, I have had.

Not a fan of the FF02 to be honest but if a used one at a good price swings by, then I just might consider it to complete the line.

5 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Yeah! They actually power the chassis. Hahaha!

Seriously, they're roborovski hamsters. The smallest but fastest breed of hamsters. 

Ah, so they're rated in KV instead of Turns?

A challenge: Design a hamster wheel driven chassis where you only control the steering from the radio. It won't be fast, but it'll be fun.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Not a fan of the FF02 to be honest but if a used one at a good price swings by, then I just might consider it to complete the line.

I know they are not as nice as the ff01 and ff03 but they are not that horrible. 

F4F97589-B883-4012-B236-7E7EA8EF7A61.thumb.jpeg.fb99a76e8bb03ee1ff2f62211181e217.jpegCC60BC6A-1BA3-4CB2-BC78-79B1FCF3D0C0.thumb.jpeg.2e6e938ec7dc4892f45d94fd7923636c.jpegB13EF604-575F-4F74-8A50-A363DDD3CB0E.thumb.jpeg.3ada6ff2bc44f0689ca94bac0b914e60.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Juls1 said:

I know they are not as nice as the ff01 and ff03 but they are not that horrible. 

F4F97589-B883-4012-B236-7E7EA8EF7A61.thumb.jpeg.fb99a76e8bb03ee1ff2f62211181e217.jpegCC60BC6A-1BA3-4CB2-BC78-79B1FCF3D0C0.thumb.jpeg.2e6e938ec7dc4892f45d94fd7923636c.jpegB13EF604-575F-4F74-8A50-A363DDD3CB0E.thumb.jpeg.3ada6ff2bc44f0689ca94bac0b914e60.jpeg

Wow! That's a sparkling, shimmering, splendid FF02. Looks like every modified part available is installed there.

Oh by the way I didn't say that the FF02 is horrible. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

Wow! That's a sparkling, shimmering, splendid FF02. Looks like every modified part available is installed there.

Oh by the way I didn't say that the FF02 is horrible. 

Lol yeah I know, when I was doing my FF01 and FF03 builds (which are similarily hopped up) I had no real interest in the ff02, they are quite expensive NIB because there was only 3 body’s, and all where only released on ff02. But I worked out I could just make one from a m03, but as with many Tamiya projects it got out of hand and I became obsessed in building a ff02 worthy of sitting on the shelf between my ff01 and ff03. It’s not all the hopups I wanted, some places I had to make sacrifices because the bits I wanted where simply unavailable. Was a lot of fun though.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2018 at 10:48 AM, Juls1 said:

Lol yeah I know, when I was doing my FF01 and FF03 builds (which are similarily hopped up) I had no real interest in the ff02, they are quite expensive NIB because there was only 3 body’s, and all where only released on ff02. But I worked out I could just make one from a m03, but as with many Tamiya projects it got out of hand and I became obsessed in building a ff02 worthy of sitting on the shelf between my ff01 and ff03. It’s not all the hopups I wanted, some places I had to make sacrifices because the bits I wanted where simply unavailable. Was a lot of fun though.

Well it turned out really nice. Hope you can show your FF01 & FF03 as well. I'm sure they are both heavily modified too.

On 10/13/2018 at 10:59 AM, PoormanRC said:

The FF-03 Chassis just made my FWD Bucket List.... for another lifetime, when I have money. Omni Models had 3 of them, with a stock Civic Body, that they were closing out for $149.00US, because they had sat around for so long!! 

WISH I had gotten one. I still HAD money then! :mellow::(

It took me 2 months to decide which to get from these choices:

-HPI RS4 Sport 3 (to be converted to rally)

-Tamiya TT02 (to be converted to rally)

-Tamiya XV01 (rally to be also played on-road)

First choice was the Sport 3. I wanted a cheap kit that I can bash on and off road. But when I checked the hop up parts available, it's not as many as Tamiya does. Unlike the Pro4, Cyclone, Pro5 and other HPI kits. So I went on checking the TT02. I saw a few being sold locally at high prices considering they are all stock. It would cost me a lot to get those upgrade parts I want for the kit. The XV01 is a nice rally chassis no doubt. But I'm not really sure if it can run well on a tarmac track course. Then I saw this ad last month of two FF03 kits for sale as bundle. I used to drive an FF way back and I had fun, so I figured that this newer chassis is much better in handling. So I did many days of research about the FF03. Reviews, availability of parts and handling. So far, it convinced me. It looked really nice from the ad's pictures. Well looks even nicer in real.

Don't hesitate if you see one at a good price. Good luck on your hunt. ;)

23 hours ago, PoormanRC said:

TT-02 - EXPENSIVE??? 😱😱:o  That Store has a problem! If I was able to, I could log on and buy my choice of 3 different TT-02s (all with Bodies I Dislike!), any for under $130!!!

I did it the hard way, because I don't see much money at anytime, anymore.... I Built a TT-02 Rally Chassis - but I had to buy it piece-by-piece! :(  I'd reckon I've put about $215.00 so far into it, and still don't have a Body!! 

But it's not all Bad News. I bought parts when I could. Because of that, it has the Blue TRD Chassis (on sale), Blue Gearbox and Diff Cases, 2 Sealed Diffs, TRD Aluminum Steering, Front CVDs, HR Aluminum Shocks (which aren't terrible), Kimborough Servo Saver, Robinson Racing Gears, and a few other things.... 

It MAY be OK, but it's still a TT-02, kinda low on the "Totem Pole". I would really rather have a M03 Roller. Maybe I can find someone to trade. 😉

~ Carmine 💥

Yup. The ones from the local Tamiya shop sells for $200 brand new while the used ones are around $130 all stock.

Picked up a few parts today. Was looking for a carbon fiber stiffener, carbon rear shock tower, aluminum servo holder and aluminum suspension mounts 1xd & 1a but they are all out of stock. So these will be good for now.

P1140631.JPG

P1140641.JPG

P1140634.JPG

P1140639.JPG

• Like 4

Looks like the stock FF03 is now rocking aluminum dampers. Nice! Any other hop ups planned for it and the Pro? :)

Your thread made me dust off and work on my FF03R :D

IMG_2906.JPG

• Like 5

On 10/12/2018 at 11:40 AM, Nicadraus said:

The GT12s of the Hamster world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, one_hit said:

Looks like the stock FF03 is now rocking aluminum dampers. Nice! Any other hop ups planned for it and the Pro? :)

Your thread made me dust off and work on my FF03R :D

IMG_2906.JPG

I can only drool on your FF03R.

I'm still looking for some minor upgrades like the graphite rear shock tower, graphite rear deck stiffener, carbon servo guard for short servo and graphite electronics stay plate. Also looking to upgrading the differential to metal bevel gears instead of ball which I read, tends to melt at high speed motors. Will also replace the rocker arms to aluminum. All of these parts are either from Yeah Racing or 3Racing. The Tamiya parts are just too expensive.

The stock 03 on the other hand might be converted to rally. But I'm still trying to figure out how to make it stand higher. at least, 2cm high. For the meantime, it'll be on reserve as parts donor in case the Pro needs it.

50 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

The GT12s of the Hamster world.

Yup indeed! Hahaha!

Went to another local shop which is also the distributor for HPI/Hot Boddies and X-ray (owned by our good friend too). 

Got some goodies...

- PowerHD L12HV low profile servo

- SkyRC Toro T160 Competition brushless sensored ESC (used but not abused) - got it for free

- SkyRC Ares Pro Competion 17.5t brushless sensored motor (used but not abused) - got it for free too

She's slowly getting there.

P1140648.JPG

P1140649.JPG

P1140644.JPG

P1140646.JPG

P1140647.JPG

Nothing much update except for wires soldering and organizing while waiting for some parts to arrive. Ordered a 200mm x 300mm x 2mm and an 80mm x 120mm x 5mm carbon fiber plates. I will customize a servo tray, ESC tray, rear deck stiffener and rear shock tower.

The yellow outline will be the custom cut carbon fiber parts. It's also amazing that Tamiya had provided holes and a canal under the battery for wires crossing. The red line is where the ESC's wires are passing through towards the RX. The RX will be placed next to the servo while the capacitor will be next to the ESC where the RX should originally be. I might also get a shorter battery.

P1140665 edit.jpg

• Like 1

Got a few items from another local shop.

-Aluminum suspension mount 1A for the rear. Still looking for 3 pieces 1XD though.

-Aluminum servo mount. It's for RM01 chassis but fits perfectly.

-Changed all screws to hex type. Will eventually change to Ti in time.

Received a call from the mail this morning and my CF 2mm board should arrive today. Will pick up an aluminum bumper mount this week too.

P1140676.JPG

P1140677.JPG

P1140678.JPG

P1140680.JPG

• Like 5