Sign in to follow this  
kevinb120

Quick question for someone with an original XLT Ranger Shell

Now that the weather's good for painting I'm back on some of my hardbody projects. 

I have a fully restored XLT Ranger Chassis but I need to convert a blackfoot shell to fit.  
I've revived this project https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/86849-finally-found-an-xlt-ranger-srb-to-be-restored-with-a-bit-of-sacrilege/

I need to see if someone could get some measurements for me for two items.

A: For the rear metal body post(mine's only missing this part)  I need the measurement for the surface contacting the roll bar to the hole for the body clip.  For the time being I can simply mount a CC01 type post on there, been trolling for quite a while for this part as it's not shared with any other vehicle. 

B: For the rear molded stand-offs, the height for the anti-rock stand offs from the top of the arch(roll hoop contact point) to the underside of the body.  Easy to make up with some styrene if I knew what size they were.

To this day, the blackfoot shell still has 'ghosts' of the original switch hole, antenna hole(very clearly marked), and the post location still faintly in the shell underside.  I simply need to fill all the blackfoot conversion parts and add the stand-offs along with some handy Dremel work.  I have vintage grill/tailgate and can make do with some ampro emblems. 

I can probably figure it out, but the location under a shell is not the easiest to measure and judge the heights at the same time.   If anyone can help check a shell/post and let me know it would be a great help!

Thanks in advance for anyone that could do it!

:D

Yes! Thank you very much :)

I didn't want to set it up by eye then discover it was wrong when I eventually  find the right body post.  Wow and same day service!  And great pic to make it easy to fabricate

No problem! I figured you might want to work on it over the weekend. I hate waiting days for responses sometimes. I don’t see many threads on the Ranger and I’ve looked at yours at least a dozen times. Good luck and if you need any more measures or pics just let me know.