In another in my occasional but continuing series of Buggies That Would Look Awesome With A Grasshopper2 Shell, I give you the TRF Grasshopper2(01)!

I had one of those "I wonder" moments this morning and dropped the trimmed down spare Mad Bull shell I had made up as a Grasshopper2 to fit my DT03 onto my DN01 chassis. As it's a spare, a little more trimming later and it's sitting quite nicely! It even picks up the original Mad Bull front mount on the DN01/TRF201 front spigot! It's not currently attached at the rear, but some Velcro on the shock tower would probably do it. It's very gappy so I think a black painted Desert Gator shell underneath as a chassis cover would sort it. The aerial even fit through the DT03 body post hole I drilled!

Tamiya TRF201X chassis with Grasshopper2/Mad Bull shell mountedTamiya TRF201 with a Grasshopper2/Mad Bull shell fittedTamiya TRF201X chassis with Grasshopper2/Mad Bull shell mounted

2018-10-13_12-50-58

• Like 5

I think that’s one of the best looking combos you’ve ever scrumped together... the side on shot looks too cool as that gap at the rear suits it pretty well, I would buy that kit if I was after a buggy

• Like 1

Just now, Jason1145 said:

I think that’s one of the best looking combos you’ve ever scrumped together... the side on shot looks too cool as thstcgap just suits it somehow... I would buy that kit if I was after a buggy

Thanks! I am pleased with the stance. If I was to run it I can't leave it that gappy. It would ruin everything inside! It's bad enough in my dt03.

• Like 1