BLAZE86DUBZ

Starting the avante build

Few quick questions on the build I'm running to the hobby shop today to pick up some paint for the build I herd people saying use different diff grease what grease should I pick up? Any other things I need during this build ide like to pick up everything today or if I need to order any upgrades for the avante or is it ready to rock outside the box? 

If this is an avante re release then everything needed for assembly is in the kit - including the ball differential grease.

This also assumes that you have a set of JIS or similar screwdrivers though?

Yea is the 2011 kit in going to be running 10.5 brushless I have a18teeth 0.6steel pinion coming I wasn't sure about the diff though 

If you are looking for upgrades a would get the parts to upgrade the steering linkage and servo saver to that on the avante black edition and egress. There is a parts list for it in another thread which i will try to find.

The original hop up kit was 82456 avante racing steering set which can be hard to find but all the bits are available separately.

tam_84256_1.jpg

to bad they didnt sell it as a kit  i'll have to piece it together is there one place i can order everything i need for it? any links?

Are you in the uk? I got all my parts for it when i built mine from tonystamiyaparts on ebay earlier in the year and already had the bearings.

Tonystamiyaparts typically includes free worldwide shipping, I've bought a few things off him and the service has been really good, less than 2 weeks delivery to New Zealand and the prices are worth the wait

im on there now i cant find the  pa9 steering plate and also do u need 8 bearings for the steering setup?

Are the bearings I need 5x8x2.5 for the steering 8 of them? 

They are rereleasing the racing steering kit (47388)and torque splitter (47389) sets later this year if you can't piece it together.  Horizon has them up for preorder. 

Yeah could do - i bought the tamiya hi-torque one.  What you will also have to do is saw about 1/4 inch off of the front of the dash of the driver figures cockpit before painting and fitting it as the steering rod between servo and linkage sits slightly higher up. If you download the Avante Black Edition manual off of the tamiya website it shows you how to install the race steering assembly and adapt the driver.

I fitted a low profile servo to mine too - i cant recall where i read this but the lower body shell sits very close and i could see a full size servo may clash slightly.