Boba Fett

Transmitter/Receiver - Advice Please!!

Hi All,

I've just received my first 1/14 scale truck - a Matte Black Grand Hauler  - and I'm looking for some advise on what Transmitter/Receiver to go for.

At the moment I don't have a MFU or trailer but hopefully (undoubtedly?) I will get these in time. 

I'd prefer to go for a stick style controller rather than gun but feel free to try and convince me otherwise.

The obvious choice appears to be the Futaba 4YWD? However, I've seen a Futaba T6EX at a good price - will this work? I'm trying not to spend more than £75 and ideally closer to £50 if at all possible.

Any and all advice on what I should be looking for gratefully received.

Thanks.

The Futaba 4YWD is the one Tamiya recommend but I have used Acoms AP401 40Mhz gear on some of my 1/16 tanks & 1/14 trucks.

Not easy to find the Acoms kit but they sell for around the £50 mark on ebay when they do come up & they also work fine with Futaba 40Mhz receivers.

I would just buy a Flysky FS-i6... They are an inexpensive 6 channel radio that can be programmed to work with the MFC-01 or 03...

I have the fs i6s with my Freightliner Cascadia  which even though it says i6s its a 10 channel but comes with a 6 channel receiver 

71ED1BE6-68F7-437E-8C9D-2EEFC121CD4B.jpeg

I just bought the Flysky GT5 6 channels with the steering wheel and the pistol speed foward/ reverse. I find that running land vehicles with the sticks is not very handy and not accurate. I did some research regarding the shifting of the 3 speeds transmission before buying it. The channel 4 has a 3 position lever switch fully ajustable and work perfect for this purpose. I made some tests on the bench with servos and it is perfect. Like you I just received my grand Hauler truck Peterbuilt ( we have a lots of these big trucks on the highways here ) and. i was undecided between a Man trucks and the grand hauler. I placed an order for my flat bed trailer and my order is back order. I find that it is a beautifull truck and I bought the black matt edition. Not sure if this radio will run the multi funtion kit but I am not sure if I want to spend another big money on top since the truck and the trailer is already a good amount of money. I bought the light kit and i will probably stop right there. Good luck building yours. 

I have a radiolink TF8. Stick radio with 8 channels i think. I only use 2 at the moment. Comes with return spring to return throttle.  And lipo ready. Good radio.

• Like 1