Sign in to follow this  

Well I think I can call the Jager Bomb done. Grasshopper number 5 started off with a little idea in the back of my head and after a suggestion from a nephew it got brought into reality. Built mechanically box stock save for the addition of Hornet rear shocks and some more bling from T4works. The body was painted in Tamiya Pure Orange TS-98, which came out a little brighter than expected or planned, and then given two light cotes of Tamiya Pearl clear. This gives a nice sparkle to it although it can't be seen in the photos and is not easily seen in person. The alternate colour Hopper stripes & Jagermeister sticker sets came from MCI Racing once again and I took a punt on going for a slightly darker green which I think works ok. I also scaled back the Jager ones from 1:10th to 1:12th scale to ensure a good fit. The alloy wheel caps were found on ebay and cap the whole look off just nicely.

DSCN5788.JPG

DSCN5791.JPG

• Like 3

The MCI Racing sticker set I used was designed for the Tamiya Porsche 934 but it wasn't the inspiration behind the build. It was actually the Revell VW Transport kit that I have, and to a lesser degree the BMW 3.0CSL, that inspired the colours that I used. Even though I used the 934 stickers I didn't want it to look like I had just stuck the 934 livery on a Grasshopper.

124_VW_Volkswagen_T1_Transporter_Kastenwagen_JAgermeister_Kit__33559.jpeg

1316228016_9739.jpg

• Like 1