Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolRunner

What is a NIB Blitzer Beetle Worth?

HI,

Got a chance to own a NIB Blitzer Beetle but I really don't know what they are worth? Any ideas on price in uS funds would be appreciated. And also can I put smaller wheels and tires on it so that it is not so wide. I like the concept of a Beetle but I really can't stand how wide they sit

OSR

my experience with them before I got mine is that they run about 200 plus shipping to wherever. I got luckly with my chrome NIB blitzer for 225 shipped. the last one on ebay went for 225 the buy it now was 175 and 25 to shipp.

Blitzer Beetle went for about $100 uS when in production. They seem to have gone away quickly after being discontinued however.

You will not have much luck making it narrower by just replacing the wheels. The suspension arms are pretty long and extend beyond the body. Blitzer Beetle is basically a stadium truck.

You might get lucky and find some suspension arms from something else which would fit, but they would have to be really short. This would significantly reduce the suspension travel.

Hi thanks for the response.

I think they are definately becoming harder to find. I don't mind the look of it. It is just those wheels I hate. Could I fit a different style of wheel to it? Like a buggy style of wheel? Not as wide. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Could I fit Hornwet wheels on it?

OSR

If you chose to go for the Hornet type wheels, you will also have to change the hex wheel adapter to the old style ones from the Hornet, as the wheels are not a direct fit. Also, the BB might have slightly wider frontaxles, which you also need to take in consideration, although i am not sure of this.

I have 2 BB´s myself, one of them NIB, but my running BB has got rear wheels from the BB but the fronts are from a Stadium Blitzer, meaning that they were white. However, all 4 have been sprayed in Chrome silver, and it actually looks pretty cool, i think. Besides this, i am runing a Parma lightweight repro-shell on it. You can see it on this link:

http://www.rcgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=5237

Cheers...

Michael

Hey Michael,

I really like what you did to protect the plastic body from getting destroyed with the piece of aluminum. The wheels really don't look so bad painted either. Has anyone else attempted to put a set of wheel off another RC car on a Blitzer Beetle?

OSR