Capucine

My citroen

Just finished to build my Tamiya Citroen Charleston. Never liked really the Charleston so I modified it to the Citroen 2cv6 instead. Have a look

5515ADBF-41B1-4989-B41D-BBC276CCA638.jpeg

335E5DB3-0BAD-427C-B0D2-1BE220F23C37.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Wow looks brilliant with those colours.

Had the same thoughts about the decals ;) needs some more bodyline and want to do 3D inserts for the frontlights

Q1OBZlYDM-EClyLJ-HTdI3aMqoIw64ieeZOY7Y6lPYgiEg1N78DhWX3_f9ebK5dlvbD69qWhfYi67gM2wFQB7KFCxCEVScJ5A-D2ifWQA0ljS7n6BCLWbkxSEiAU2UJx3C20fka_ivtJTMBRB0IC2uAsiAuzk2cl-xH6NAJvTSxTSZC8JcSIAhEE1SGtSu4CQsMUzuK-3DJkCjDqeYSqVdnfyjlHSWxVKXtndgP7qdoxdQzoiwT8ncr0fMmFhfz20XfKb4RN7YIm6tBT-CPHiLjaRLm4FGEBhuZpowQiz9xRiT2A_Ifr4txPpR_FmNv1EZMblLjLufhkn7b4W5FCIW2INz2PHOVApcvMrpCODz7tsOAH2pJl4cglmk6WdwfG9ui8khLJPAOCJxjN3alO3hNtqGy5gy71TcFXbU_dHA4Fw7rqLbgFan7IXe97hGRlmG1C7P9she5GYE6Y0mF7V9zUT2uhjXRIoFbPqnGaOkW8HPwUFFn2103-IROg6o0xo6msTo47KzU6__UG5DE5OG2fHHEzBD-W_mxeZZZQJSlD30OJQnhCfAH25iDaInQRY56Gx3up9L_EL8JOGUgqDhYr1rjzHnxD_tLm-z0l-Pkqb__U5QPGh5wSAX6td1it=w1656-h1212-no

• Like 4

Very nice. If you look at my citroen I installed only one mirror. In France they had only the driver door mirror. I like your front headlight. They look better than the decal supplied by Tamiya. 

• Like 1

Great 2CV’s guys, and that resto Video was amazing, that guy can paint, and the doors slide on from the top?? 

• Like 1

I always wanted a real citroen 2cv in my driveway but here in Canada they were very difficult to get since no Citroen dealers were present after the late 50's. My brother had 2 of them when he was living in France in the 80's. I was so happy when Tamiya put one on the market. I did not wait a second and ordered it right away. All my others Tamiyas kits  were put on hold to start the Citroen first. A few thing that Tamiya should have done on this kit. The wheels dont belong to this kit. They were borowed from the Volskwagen Beetle kit. I have the Beetle kit ( not builtyet) and the wheels are identical. Also the tires are not scale to the model. Way too fat and wide. The 2 cv dont have wheel slots in the rims. Another thing that Tamiya should take care. The mold for the polycarbonate body is not perfect. It leaves a bar in the body that dont look nice. This is the second body mold issue that I find with Tamiya. My other is with the Toyota Land Cruiser. Beside these 2 items y am happy with my lovely 2cv. It is not in my driveway but inside on my shelving. 

• Like 1

Is anyone can tell me which country this license plate belong? The 2cv kit dont comes with a license plate so I had to borrow one from my Subaru Impresa decal sheet. 

7A53097C-269F-44A7-903F-22AC59B98542.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Capucine said:

Is anyone can tell me which country this license plate belong? The 2cv kit dont comes with a license plate so I had to borrow one from my Subaru Impresa decal sheet. 

Hi Capucine - that is a UK licence plate - although much newer than you'd ever see on a 2CV I think - the 55 designates it was registered in the latter half of 2005!

There is a company on eBay that make up custom UK (and other) number plates in 1:10 scale - for info, I think the last 2CVs sold in the UK would have been around 1990 - so G reg. (that is G then three numbers and three letters)

I think you've done an amazing job with the colours on your build - I know what you mean about [the design of] the wheels, but really, they still look very in keeping with the period in the colours you've used...

Fantastic!

Jenny x

ps. if you wanted more scale tyres on your build, you could do what I did with my TAMater build (Lowrider Pumpkin uses the same Beetle wheels), and narrow them by cutting the inner flange off, and using Sand Scorcher front tyres all round - see here from that build thread: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/75039-wbo2014-you-say-tow-mater-i-say-tam-ata/&do=findComment&comment=567001

• Thanks 1

Strangely when you check the dvla website that was a genuine subaru number plate that was last taxed in 2008

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Butler said:

Could even be a WRC car. Subaru Rally Team

A google image search would confirm this to be the case though I haven’t seen that specific plate.

• Like 1

Wow, I should be careful not to reveal my license plate.  You guys could go all Sherlock Holmes on me and say; "your wife is right, white paint would look better than brown on your front door."  lol...

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Juggular said:

Wow, I should be careful not to reveal my license plate.  You guys could go all Sherlock Holmes on me and say; "your wife is right, white paint would look better than brown on your front door."  lol...

So, we’re looking for a brown door, a Tamiya collection, a wife.. hmm. Might take a while...

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Capucine said:

7A53097C-269F-44A7-903F-22AC59B98542.jpeg

Now you just need to hit 32mph past a speed camera, that will confuse the coppers. :)  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nice Subaru Grimlock. I am just about to start decorate mine with the decals. Just finished the chassis. The wiring is just looking that I am building a 747 boeing. Include stop lights, turning flashers, back up lights, reverse lights etc. As for the license plate I will have to find one somewere else because I installed it on the Citroen instead. Cannot believe that this plate number was coming from a real car!

B092A279-0908-4453-A701-3A6D5B23EA49.jpeg

Edited by Capucine
Fotgot somethimg
  • Haha 1

Lovely job, @Capucine. I'm obviously not suggesting anything by it, but I just thought I'd leave this here. I'm obviously not trying to give anyone ideas. Not at all. Perish the thought.

1640285389_2CVRace.thumb.JPG.07c3031f093e3c3ded17e2f69bb6bbdd.JPG

The French used to have a whole 2CV rallycross series, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Superb!

2 hours ago, Yalson said:

Lovely job, @Capucine. I'm obviously not suggesting anything by it, but I just thought I'd leave this here. I'm obviously not trying to give anyone ideas. Not at all. Perish the thought.

1640285389_2CVRace.thumb.JPG.07c3031f093e3c3ded17e2f69bb6bbdd.JPG

The French used to have a whole 2CV rallycross series, too.

Thanks. The one car that I wished Tamiya would have put on the market was a Dyna Panhard circa 1958. My dad had one in 1958 and they were imported only for a short time in Canada. Nobody here could believe that this good size vehicle was propelled by a 2 cylinder flat twin air cooled engine. We kept it only for 3 years because the parts were not avaliable anymore. It was well ahead of its time compared to the other big american old fahioned cars on the roads.

Edited by Capucine
Orthograph mistakes

Now that plate is just awfully close to the plates on the GT-R :D

IMG-1967.jpg

IMG-1968.jpg(yes, that is a plate light. Need that to pass the MOT, right?)

These plates are off of the same decal sheet. I think that Subaru came with two options to build the car.

• Like 1

This plate comes from the Subaru impreza WRC Monte Carlo '07 kit # 1289 decal Sheet. According to the instruction the large plate goes on the back and the small white plate goes in the front

Edited by Capucine
Forgot something

Plates are something I am quite particular about when it comes to getting the right one for the model. I usually either browse through Google images or keep an eye out on the roads for a full-size car of the right make, model, year and colour, take a note of its number, then get a miniature set of plates made up for the model via one of the many custom model plate makers on eBay. That way the plates are as authentic as possible from a scale perspective. 

• Like 2

You wouldn’t like my custom ones then which are called “Gold Digga” and “Hot Boy 1”

• Haha 3