TwistedxSlayer

Ultimate TB01 Slow Build.

TA04 racing hub carriers have arrived. Very happy to see they come with the extra bracing pieces. I'm thinking I will be going for alloy turnbuckles and track rods. I hadn't thought about them before but it makes sense over steel. Waiting on the super stunningly gorgeous TRF shocks.

• Like 1

What dampers are you getting? 

How about titanium turnbuckles!? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, svenb said:

What dampers are you getting? 

How about titanium turnbuckles!? 

Thats an option I didn't consider. Hmmmmm is there much difference in weight though between allot and Ti?

TRF shocks 42102.

Not sure on weight but strength is better with titanium 

Any idea on what length turnbuckles you need? 

Looking like I’m going to need 32 turnbuckles for the racing hub extra supports and 22mm for the upper turnbuckles and not sure yet on the steering turn buckles.

TA04 hub carriers fit the Evo arms as shown previously. TB01 hubs however are too tall to fit into the TA04 carriers and TB01 king pins are too wide for the TA04 carriers. So I’m going to need a set of TA04 king pins.

Next issue is the suspension arm mounts. When the pin or u-bolt is through them and they are mounted on the gearboxes they lock up tight very tight. I may have to ream them out by a tiny bit to have them move smoothly. The next issue I’ve discovered today, I need a set of pins that are long enough to mount the hub carriers into the suspension arms.

Gearbox is will need to be approx 42mm and the hub pin needs to be approx 22mm.

23mm turnbuckles are available and I think the tt02 uses 22mm shafts. 

I'll check my stock later

The arms are 22mm wide, so the shafts need to be 26?

reading the TB Evo manual, the pins need to be 45mm for the gearbox side and 25.3mm on the hub side.

How many do you need? And is it 42mm pin you need or is that the length of the arm? 

Need 4, 22mm is the length of the arm so need a 25mm pin for the hub carrier, and need 4 45mm pins for the gearbox.

Also need to get...54237 low friction M-05 kingpins as they will fit the TA04 carriers and then a set of TA04 hubs.

It sounds like you need the ta04 suspension shaft set, I'm sure that has the sizes you need but I'll check first. 

Don't think you need the king pins if your using the racing hub set as the support brace from the chassis attaches to a ball connector were the king pin screws in. 

I need the king pins to attach the hubs. The set comes with the 2 for the top but not the bottom. How much for the hubs please mate?

The suspension shaft sizes are what came out od the TB Evo manual. Im going to browse ebay and see what pin kits tamiya make.

Have a look on ebay for 9805726 that should be 45mm shafts and 9805683 25.3mm.

I don't have any of the right sized shafts but I do have 2 ta04 low friction King pins😉

Well today i recieved a package from

@svenb

Which contained a BNIP TA04 front hubs and 2 new low friction hub screws for the TA04/M05.

The hubs are slightly longer than the TB01 set but the TA04 hubs have 2 sets of screw holes and the inner most screws are almost the same length as the TB01 set. So these should do perfectly.

The TA04 hubs from @svenb

may be relegated into the spares cupboard. I found that Tamiya make a lovely hardened set which I may opt for eventually.

The shelf queen body has arrived waaaaaay earlier that I had planned but there was a good deal that I couldn't pass up.

It's a Ferrari and it's red and that's all I'm going to say about it at the moment.

Had a chance to play a little today.

1. U Bolts for standard TB01 arms do NOT fit with Evo arms. Single pins are needed each side.

2. I am missing one TNS/TB Evo pin plate that sits against the gearboxes.

3. I need the 25.3mm outer hub carrier/rear hub mount pins 4 of each.

4. I need 2x 45mm mounting pins aka suspension shafts.

5. I need a lot of tiny E clips for all these pins.

6. I need 4x hardened drive cups from the DF02 or TT01 to mount to my TT02 diffs.

7. I need a new set of wheels.

8. I need tyres for above wheels.

9. I need to decided on which wheels and tyres I want. Lol.

10. I need to decide on which shock oil.

11. Need to decide of which diff grease.

Suspension pins both 45mm and 25mm are on order with e clips also inbound. And a set of countersunk M3 screws as I forgot I may need them to actually mount stuff on the underside of the chassis. Like the gearboxes...