TwistedxSlayer

Ultimate TB01 Slow Build.

50 minutes ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

@svenb

54ai8zh.jpg

0cNaruI.jpg

PkOsJqu.jpg

kkrqqUj.jpg

I’ve got a set of rear alloy uprights on order, and I’ll order the front alloy arms next month, and then the month after I’ll be hunting for the correct recommended touring car motor for it, which I believe is a Dyna run one, and then I need to pick some alloy servo mounts and if I can find them... the correct Tamiya ESC and servo that are suggested in the instruction manual. And I’ve also ordered the hop up spoiler for the one of the Enzo as suggested in the manual.

Looks really smart mate👍

Loads of nice hop ups, I reckon you need the titanium screws next!

I think a superstock type S is about the right vintage for it, Dyna-run came out in 96(ish). CPR160 unit?

@Yachtmatser

I don't know why I put yachtmatser in there 🤔

• Haha 1

Screws will be the very last thing, CPR160 unit about right.

Motor options

53263. Dyna-Run Super Touring Motor

53476. Super Stock Motor Type R

53477. Super Stock Motor Type T

53485. Super Modified 11T

3 minutes ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Screws will be the very last thing, CPR160 unit about right.

Motor options

53263. Dyna-Run Super Touring Motor

53476. Super Stock Motor Type R

53477. Super Stock Motor Type T

53485. Super Modified 11T

Getting more difficult to find but their out there still.

Dyna-run on eBay now and a fellow member selling a used one on here.

Super modified can't or shouldn't work with a CPR 160!, I have that combo in my Evo I but it's strictly shelf bound.

What screws would you use? The JIS or the later hex type?

On 12/23/2018 at 10:58 PM, TwistedxSlayer said:

So this is what Fujio sent me to help toward my Ultimate TB01 build.

kjLz3S5.jpg

Don’t tell me you got two factory finished Enzo shells there?!?!??

Only the red shell is XB. The black one was painted by me.

• Like 2

I don't think they did a black one. The top part of the rear light decals includes some red paint colour, so I could not really use them on the black body. Probably not acceptable for an XB.

3 hours ago, Fuijo said:

Only the red shell is XB. The black one was painted by me.

A few months back I saw a black Enzo shell on EBay sat on a TB01 roller chassis, but it went for more than I bid and I regret it to this day... the black looks top notch on that shell for sure, I have since tracked down a clear Enzo shell bought from Tamiyabigstuff and I will finish it in black for the next in my little Supercar collection.

@TwistedxSlayer if you have any spare photos of the black one for me to gawp at... appreciated man!

Speaking of which.. I tried to line up my Enzo shell against a new to me TA01 but the front shock towers are way too high above the top of the wheel to ever get the shell on to fit... I think these shells are limited as to what chassis they can fit on? 

How is the TB01 for sitting this shell on, as in how does it differ from the TA01 ( just checked my TL01 and it has a much lower height front tower section compared to my TA01)

Note - I should really dig out my own 1 year ago purchased TB01 roller - but I’ve forgotten exactly where it is now :(

16 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

k8aFnyA.jpg

CyEHwcu.jpg

@Jason1145

Yep that just confirms the black is the best colour for that Enzo!!!! 

@Fuijo top job making it look so sleek, hoping mine comes out as good!

I just spent half an hour digging around my RC boxes and scratching my head but I’ve finally found my TB01!!!

It's a boxed Subaru Impreza WRC 2001 Prototype with a very nice box art shell complete with interior rally cockpit and dust cover for the innards... the chassis is a used roller with a silver can ( and heat sink attached) and servo fitted but it’s all very clean and seems a good base.

Most importantly I’ve noticed a couple of things I want to highlight to prove I’m not just a buy it and shelf it numpty when it comes to some of the finer details of some chassis ( let’s face it, most of the guys here are blooming experts and I often find myself shying away from conversations when it gets too technical lol)

1) front shocks have the shorter lower eyelet (V5) and rear shocks have the longer ( V6 - as per manual - I read that bit to make sure mine was built right)

2) The rear body posts use an extension piece (B16) to raise the height of the B10’s ( rear posts) so my hatchback Impreza shell can fit.

That’s all I noticed!

Now I’ve got the TB01 in front of me again I’ve checked how my Enzo shell could fit and yes it’s perfect, once those rear bodypost extensions are removed.

Will be watching this TB01 slow build very carefully now for some tips along the way, cheers ears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Just for you matey.

Njhx2BJ.jpg

x5yvimj.jpg

bBvz33p.jpg

MMwFA5j.jpg

MN1jG0n.jpg

3ICsMJx.jpg

FmrQfmX.jpg

Filth... pure filth... you should be ashamed of yourself, dirty boy - shakes head!

That shell can’t possibly look any better... can it? Put that wing on and prove me wrong as I’m betting the cherry goes on top... do it ;)

I did see the wing option in my manual too but just assumed the previous owner just didn’t install it, was it an optional extra needing separate purchase? 

• Haha 1

Nice, I like it with the spoiler👍

I had a factory finished Enzo body but sold it as it didn't fit in with the other cars! all with a motorsport themes

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, svenb said:

On eBay!

Screenshot_20190106-223207.png

I know. I put it there. Lol. Its a really nice diff. But its heavy. Ive got no use for it. It weighs nearly 52g. The new oil filled TT02 diff from the TT02RR weighs in at 32g when filled. A pair of TB01 rally diffs is nearly 110g. Its got a little while longer before it ends up just sat in the shelf queen TB01

• Like 1

Doh!

Recently paid almost £40 for one🙄

Lighter if you put the plastic gear on it!?