Pablo68

Tamiya is....

Realising that there is far better RC cars out their🤔........but couldn't care less😁

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I do frequently whip out my harp and start jamming for the Tamiya twin stars golden calf. I think he likes it (or at least I hope he does).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

TAMIYA IS ...... 

My child hood , Of great times with friends and building tracks And cleaning my tamiya , just because i wanted to . For the love of it .

Digging up the back yard to make track etc ( to the horror of my mum ) .

:D  . The good old days , where we didn't have to care about much ( As it was easier days ) . Not that we all had alot of money .

But we all made do & fixed our own stuff and had fun doing it .

Miss them days :lol:   .... Darn work & adult stuff :P  ...  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2018 at 10:05 PM, Saito2 said:

I do frequently whip out my harp and start jamming for the Tamiya twin stars golden calf. I think he likes it (or at least I hope he does).

That must be me next to you then, praying the next model isnt going to be another TT01E with generic shell.

Note the sign too please... "No Stairway".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, berman said:

That must be me next to you then, praying the next model isnt going to be another TT01E with generic shell.

Lol! I think I just snorted some of the nightly tea I was drinking when I read that. :lol:

By the way, notice how the golden calf is staring off, paying no heed to us gathered around it. That calf is going to do (and release or re-release) whatever it pleases with little concern for those praying to it. Hey, sometimes we get a Sand Scorcher and other times, a Fire Dragon. Its the whim of the calf.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Childhood in the 1980’s. Simple times and the world was a better place back then. @matman you’re spot on mate. 

• Like 3

On 10/30/2018 at 7:48 PM, moffman said:

Realising that there is far better RC cars out their🤔........but couldn't care less😁

If I have one more guy in a hobby shop tell me I should get a (insert soulless modern spaceship rc car) I’ll probably slap him. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Parkesy said:

If I have one more guy in a hobby shop tell me I should get a (insert soulless modern spaceship rc car) I’ll probably slap him. 

I invested in a losi rock Rey back in July and it's all things to a good basher absolutely awesome and when I return from said bashing the life out of it and clean it up I have a big satisfied smile on my face😊 but the biggest smile is when I walk past my display cabinet with my personal tamiya favourites😁 that's Tamiya!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

... capable of surprising performance! 

I love the feeling of beating £300+ modern high-end F1 cars with my 25-year-old box stock £80 F103!

(It isn't that I am an amazing driver or anything - it is simply that the car has aged very well and has remained competitive. However few people realise quite how competitive it is, so don't really pay it much attention until it passes them. :))

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Annoying the badword out of the missus every time the postman delivers new models....

• Haha 1

...the grandaddy of the scale hard-body (Beetle/SandScorcher and HiLux/Bruiser to name but two).

Oh, and as Pablo says above - pocket box spanners too!

Jenny x

• Like 2

... is keeping track on an add for a 4wd buggy, while I just got the 2wd 2 days ago. :lol: The world is not enough....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

... a front for a Christian fundamentalist conspiracy based around box wrenches.

• Haha 4

Actually I may have overstated how many box wrenches I have. Currently I have 5 that are easily accessible.
I'm sure I should have a few more than that, just not sure where.

30 minutes ago, Yalson said:

... a front for a Christian fundamentalist conspiracy based around box wrenches.

On 3/17/2010 at 8:08 PM, OCD said:

My plan is to die with a Tamiya cross wrench in my hand. :)

I had to go and dig this quote up... Your statement is too true lol  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fun and consuming with great memories attached. And now I'm making more :). Oh and Fantastic! 

I tried other rc's in the last couple of years. Some with better performance, higher quality materials, bearings:lol: but I never got the same excitement as from a tamiya kit. They are addictive! Like pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all.

• Like 2

The frst company I looked at when I wanted a new RC before the MAP Pricing.  Now it's pretty far down the list.

• Like 1