Sign in to follow this  
ChrisRx718

For Sale: MF01X Drift Car Project

Part of my on-road clear-out 

Here we have a humble MF01X attempt at a drift car (dubbed MF01D if you like!) sporting a rather wild Eunos Roadster Body.

I have lavished this project with lots of lovely parts and ultimately never used it because I simply didn't have the time in the evenings. Child #3 is on the way and I'm only going to have less time, so it makes sense to pass this on to someone who can enjoy it!

Parts are as follows-

Shapeways 3D printed rear uprights combined with-

Yeah Racing Rear Upper Arm Mount (stops arm from hitting chassis under compression)

Tamiya blue-coated TRF dampers with White (hard) and Yellow (medium) springs

Tamiya TRF aluminium damper spring retainers

Tamiya Aluminium Motor Mount

Tamiya Carbon Fibre Front Shock Tower

Tamiya Carbon Fibre Rear Shock Tower

SPEC-R Lower Suspension Arms

SPEC-R Lightweight Aluminium propshaft (225mm wheelbase)

3Racing Foam Front Bumper 

Tamiya Black M05 RA uprights (eliminates the red parts)

Tamiya Turnbuckle Upper Arms and Steering Joints

Fully Ball-Raced

Tamiya Aluminium Servo Horn 

Tamiya High-Torque Servo Saver

Steel Pinion Gear

Locked rear Differential (reversible mod)

Tamiya Front One-Way Differential

Tamiya Quick-Release Battery Holder

3Racing Aluminium Upper Control Arms

3Racing Universal Swing-Shafts (Front & Rear)

Tamiya TA04 Low-friction King Pins

Electronics Currently Fitted:

Tamiya Super Stock RZ (23T) Motor

Hobbywing 1060 ESC

Hobbyking XR3100 Receiver

Blue-Bird BMS631 High-speed Steering Servo

As you can see the car is also assembled with a combination of button and socket-head cap screws in Stainless Steel. Whilst not the most lightweight, they won't go rusty and I find them nicer to look at!

DSC_0543DSC_0542DSC_0541DSC_0540DSC_0539DSC_0538DSC_0537DSC_0536DSC_0535DSC_0534

I hate to imagine what this has cost in parts alone and I'm well aware I won't get that kind of return on my investment!

I'll start with offers around the £150.00 mark posted within the UK. This will include the Motor and Steering Servo. For an additional £10.00 I will include the ESC and Receiver.

I will include for 3 different sets of M-chassis drift wheels (2 sets shown), a spare set of M-chassis chrome 10-spoke rims and any other spare parts I can find from this build. The bodyshell isn't great and as you'll see from the above images there is currently no rear body mount, you could easily fashion some velcro pads however - I'll include a set of body posts but bear in mind the MF01 was never intended to have the Eunos Roadster body so you'll have to be creative - albeit the front posts from an M04 fit perfectly, as per the above...

I'll be really sad to see this one go because I think it has real potential as a fun little drift car. Fit it with some grip tyres and it would be a very competitive M-chassis racer too, if a little on the heavy side!

Please ask any questions. I'm located in Hertfordshire if anyone is local and would prefer to collect.