Sign in to follow this  
phiber_optik

DT01 Fighter RX Conversion

Hi Folks, 
If I wanted to put lunchbox wheels on my Fighter RX, am I correct in saying that they fit on directly to the rear, but I would need to change the front spindles to mad bull ones? Would lunchboxes ones or any others work as well?
Many thanks,
Chris

Lunchbox wheels have a 5lug pattern fit so are not a direct fit. Mad bull wheels are 12mm hex. You are right about the front.

Ok, so mad bull wheels... and they have to be mad bull spindles? Cool.
Are there any other cheap alternatives re: the wheels? 2.2s?

The cheapest way to get the mad bull front axles is to buy the steering parts bag with the middle link and steering arms. This is inexplicably a few pounds cheaper than buying the individual uprights. 

There aren't really any cheaper alternatives but a higher performance option is getting blitzer/aqroshot wheels and fitting them with Schumacher truck tyres and foam inserts. Still better ground clearance than the buggy but proper grip. I would suggest either minispike or vee4 rear and stagger rib fronts. 

Good advice above re the parts bag! That way you get both the uprights and the beefed up Mad Bull tierods which are needed for the bigger wheels, as they are likely to overstress the stock thin plastic ones. 

• Like 1