Sign in to follow this  
WillyChang

New CPR unit for TT01?

Looks like your right Willy, but i can't see any writing on it to confirm it. Is it sitting on the steering servo?, if so it must be quite thin, at first i thought it was big but if this is right then wow.icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_tongue.gificon_smile_big.gif Still a bit wide though ! lol

Are CPRs worth buying? They seem expensive and ridiculously hard to buy in the UK. My 959 does not fit a CPR, but I am thinking of getting a new Tamiya like the F201 - do you reckon it is worth finding one for something like that?

noel

njm

quote:Originally posted by njmlondon

Are CPRs worth buying? They seem expensive and ridiculously hard to buy in the UK. My 959 does not fit a CPR, but I am thinking of getting a new Tamiya like the F201 - do you reckon it is worth finding one for something like that?

id="quote">id="quote">

Nup! They're impossible to fix, wouldn't bother unless someone gave you one free.

F201 is cramped but you can easily still fit a tiny RX and tiny ESC in that 2 sq-in spot, the wonders of modern electronics.

hey willy[:D], there are benefits of living in the uk, my m8 has got a friend who he can send any broken cpr aswell as other old esc's to fix[8D], he's really good on price aswell[;)], but all the cpr's i've used have never broke.[:)]

I'm fitting a cpr160 in my F201, but thats because i have it spare , even a 100 would do for the sport tuned. don't want to have to put my micro stuff in unless it starts to get used alot and racing gets serious[:P]. lol

Ya, I know there's a few guys who are cluey enough to fix RC electronics (and I've made friends of most of them down here!) but the old CPR units used to be "potted".

Imagine the usual electronics on the board, now just cover every inch & crevice with epoxy then close the lid. Made the unit very robust, less chance of impact & water damage etc etc.

But also makes it impossible to fix, as unless you try to chip the epoxy off there's no way to touch anything on the board. Unless anyone has a better idea these days...

How do you even *open* those darned things... just trying to see if I can replace the antenna wire on the 1 that I have.