Jaywild5

Non tamiya wheels to fit MB

Hi there, i have a re re MB and am rebuilding from scratch. But the thing is i dont want the gold wheels back on i wanted black wheel for my project but dont want to have to spray them, is their any other wheels that can fit maybe HPI? Any help plz would be great....

You'll want the HPI #2105 and HPI #2140.  Those are matching front and rear 2.2 wheels.  They should come with the adapters you need to fit onto your MB.  I have a set for my Bushy D (Super Blackfoot)...

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/2105
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/2140

Terry

ETA - if you get the white wheels (#2100 and #2135), you can dye them whatever color you want.  You can find advise on dying HPI wheels if you search around here...

ETA - if those HPI wheels don't come with adapters, they sell them:  HPI #6115 is the front, and HPI #6120 is the rear.

13 hours ago, chazekxt said:

traxxas make's a hex u can use for 12mm wheels for the rear

I had totally forgotten about the Traxxas wheels.  Thanks for the reminder!

Yeah, the Traxxas #1972 and #1974 wheels will work with the BF/MB but they don't fit very well...  I have a set that I dyed red...

Terry

Thanks very much for all your help will go for the hpi wheels think this will go great with my new rebuold, will post pics when all done..

Still awaiting my hpi wheels but ive heard the gearbox on MBs aint that great? Just wondered if someone has upgrades one before? 

2 hours ago, Jaywild5 said:

the gearbox on MBs aint that great? Just wondered if someone has upgrades one before? 

There are some vintage Upgrades for the ORV tranny.  Thorp makes the most common, and Robinson makes one.  There are a few others...

MIP makes a modern upgrade.

All of these are quite expensive, but might be worth it to you if you plan on running your MB a lot...

I upgraded my Frog's tranny with a Thorp system and it works fanstastic.

Terry