Collin

Dyna Blaster going TRF211X

Whoop, testrun days. Yesterday I was a bit sceptic about it all, at home I figured out the ESC was set on 50% throttle. Meeep. :lol:

Today I went out with a fully charged 5000mAh LiPo and had a rund for 8 minutes, it could be more. After the first round I had a massive impact and the whole body felt off :blink:

tb_97.jpg

Well, what shall I say. No scratch at the shell and the chassis itself is bulletproofe. The front damper stay got a small hairline of delaminating because of kissing the upper deck. I knew there is a point to focus on, maybe some re-design on the upper deck to get more space between or/and using the 3mm damper stay. Other solution, the golden way, no more impacts :D

Here is a video, sorry for my old cam, its not really good resolution. Also its a silent video, so i would recommend to open a youtube clip, maybe some old Buster Keaton piano orgy...

https://a-tom.org/tc/db211x_testrun_01.mp4

Well, what to do next? Tyres are radical, maybe something with less tread. Also putting some little more weigth to the front. Motor is to radical too, its a 10,5 Nosram. I´ll just limit it via ESC or/and transmitter, maybe also putting any eye on the gear ratio.

What is really excellent, the steering. Once its on the track its like a railway. No complain to my buggy. But I have to be carefully not fripping it over. So far thats it, now its time for fine setup.

• Like 2

All fine now, all back on the track. Nothing better than a shoebox full with spare parts.

:unsure:

tb_98.jpg

Bodymounts are a bit hmmm... ORB D parts are strong but have their limits. The rear shocktower was new and is pretty rare, f#@*k it. I´ll do a new carbon damper stay which uses the rest of the shock tower as a base. Donations to the god of speed. Well, I had some airtime at least. :lol:

This will be my next try for the rear shock tower. It will use the original TR-15T bodymont. I have to drill two new holes into the body but the benefit will be better then only one mount as original. Thats simply not enough. The body mount will come 7mm higher which gives the back a little more ground clearence. The front body monts need to be sent into a few degrees angle forward, to make a smoove alignement. This is pretty easy because of a 2mm carbon spacer under the front body mount. I will file it to the shape of a wedge.

Meanwhile I´ll use some old used Dyna Blaster parts to put the DB211x back together. It looks so sad half disassambled. :( 

Construction drawing is sent to my operator and I´ll get them in two weeks.  :)

tb_100.jpg

• Like 2

Going to print this fullbody suspension mounts next. Needed to make them be more stiff.

tb_101.jpg

Schock Tower ready for print! Best about it, I found a company here in Vienna who is doing 3D SLS printing for fair price for prototyping. No Shapeways needed, that does save a lot of shipping cost! :)

It is so great how it becomes easier and easier to do this modelling. I love it! :wub:

tb_105.jpg

• Like 1

How did I only just now stumble upon this topic?! Amazing project! I remember seeing those DB211 front bumpers coming through the factory here (I work at Shapeways) and was already wondering what they were for. Now I know :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tizer said:

How did I only just now stumble upon this topic?! Amazing project! I remember seeing those DB211 front bumpers coming through the factory here (I work at Shapeways) and was already wondering what they were for. Now I know :lol:

Haha! I love this kind of coincidence. How cool is this, you are our man from shapeways here at TamiaClub. :wub:

Prototyping. Did some mess with the caliper, had a big laugt about my own fail. :lol: Next print will have this dent for more clearance to the CVD also. So far I am satisfied. 

tb_108.jpg

Printing in professional plastic? How do you like the material so far? Personally I've had issues with the dimensions being slightly off compared to versatile plastic.

This is SLS in PA12. Size is perfect on ~0.001mm. (beisde my own measuring failurs :lol: )

Mhhhh okay,.. i think its nearly done. I made a new rear shock tower from 3D printed polyamid and carbonfiber. Now the back of the shell is a bit higher which looks totaly nasty. Maybe not everyone likes it but the best benefit is more clearance to the ground. I broke the old rear body mount twice after a jump or some bumps. Also the shell got a crack at the back which really hurts (a bid :D). Anyway, more ground clearense is gooood! The shell got a good load of black Goop/Shoe Goo and fiber tape. :wub:

tb_118.jpg

tb_119.jpg

BUt honestly it does not look so weird in real... :lol:

tb_120.jpg

Double body mount from TR-15T. It should have always been like this. Dont know why the DB just got one...

tb_121.jpg

Tidy electronic. I swaped the Nosram Pure2 10.5T for the LRP X20 13.T (which is basicly the same brand) because now its less agressiv and should have more torque.

tb_122.jpg

tb_123.jpg

tb_124.jpg

tb_125.jpg

tb_126.jpg

tb_127.jpg

tb_128.jpg

3D printed shock tower, suspension arm & mount.

tb_129.jpg

tb_130.jpg

Well, so far thats it. Still waiting for some cutted kickup alloy and kydex plates and motor guards to finishe this last issue. Just want to have them made of propper stiff material. Next weekend I´ll have some time again to test the DB211x and do some last settings.

• Like 1

Two types of aloy and kydex. Hope this will be the final. :)

tb_133.jpg

Nice!!!  I go cut your grass 😀 and bring that weapon to a track!

31 minutes ago, GTodd said:

Nice!!!  I go cut your grass 😀 and bring that weapon to a track!

Hehehe, unfortunitly ther is a RC-track a few kilometers away. I have no track experience at all and I am a bit afraid of this Club things but I think the Dyna will do fine there.

Knuckle arm and C hub reinforced. It does need it :)

tb_136.jpg

tb_137.jpg

tb_138.jpg

tb_139.jpg

• Like 1

Did dye all 3D printet parts this days. Its a bit of a mess with the pigments and avter a good rinse the parts still loose color. But once there is a good load of sand, dust and debris around, it will be fixated. :) Now I am waiting for the new aluminum bulkhead and then the DB211x project is done.

tb_140.jpg

tb_141.jpg

tb_142.jpg

tb_143.jpg

• Like 3

Also the Dyna Blaster got a undertray to prevent the carbon chassis from scratches. I printed it with ABS, looks strong enough to me. The kickup and motor gurad is made of kydex instead of the aluminum ones. Somehow I love this material, you simply heat it up with the heatgun or hair dryer and you can shape it as you want. Becoming cold and its stiff and keeps shape perfectly. I think DB211x project is done for now.

tb_144.jpg