ALEXKYRIAK

Flickr image hosting service

Hi all, remember the debacle with PhotoBucket and suddenly changing to a paid model from their free accounts? Well unfortunately it looks like Flickr are going the same way for their free accounts if you have over 1000 images hosted with them. However, it appears there's some time to choose what you want to do with your photos being hosted on their service. If you do have over 1000 photos hosted there - like I do, primarily for TC build threads ;) -  I suggest you read this: https://www.flickr.com/lookingahead/ 

Sorry if this was already posted here, I may have missed it, but thought you might like to know.  When Photobucket changed, I switched all my threads over to Flickr ..... :o  !

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Let’s hope the TCphotos service moves forwards.

It's up and running for all subscribers now - Just let Chris know you need it activating.

You should've received a mailshot yesterday about various stuff, there's a 'helpline' link there which can be used to request TCPhotos activation.

Thanks @TWINSET and @netsmithUK, I'm using it and it is great. 

I hadn't realised it is now on general release.

So, to any TCers on the forum but not subscribers, here's a good reason....

I guess I never officially announced it as the replacement service, but all the feedback I go was good. Guess the take up for the service was quite low, so I'm still just turning it on for those subscribers that want it.

https://www.tcphotos.net/

Eventually I'll point the old domain tcphotos.com at it.

As a reminder, this is picture hosting for anything you want. Its not moderated in anyway (although obviously if we receive series complaints or anything is bought to our attention that is illegal or deliberately offensive then we might need to review and take action) and it does not have to be RC related. All the pictures you upload are given easy 'copy and paste' embed codes for all the major services. 

@evssv69 - you need to be a TC subscriber to use TCPhotos
If you login to the main site, you should see a link for subscribing.

• Like 1