Sign in to follow this  
vodka

motor mount alignment

I have a tt02 with the tamiya alu motor mount. With the torque tuned motor pinion (17t) and spur gear (68t) all turns smooth and quite. If I fit the tblm 10.5 brushless motor, pinion and spur make a loud noise. So I'have tested another brushless motor and all sounds good.

Any idea about this issue? The mounting holes are correct, so the tblm has a (very small) faulty alignment?

Have you tried resetting the timing on the motor? Maybe it’s gone a little out of whack when the end was tightened up after manufacturing. 

On 11/12/2018 at 6:42 AM, vodka said:

The mounting holes are correct, so the tblm has a (very small) faulty alignment?

That might be the case.  Sometimes, there is a wiggle room even when the motor mount has fixed holes. 

Did you try the gap test with a piece of paper?  

Does it have more than one set of holes? Sometimes you can bet 180 degrees out and it will be a little bit off

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 3:29 PM, Juls1 said:

Have you tried resetting the timing on the motor? Maybe it’s gone a little out of whack when the end was tightened up after manufacturing. 

Yep, but I did not get usefull result.

On 11/17/2018 at 6:07 PM, Juggular said:

That might be the case.  Sometimes, there is a wiggle room even when the motor mount has fixed holes. 

Did you try the gap test with a piece of paper?  

Yes, but with paper all seems good, maybe the paper test is not so much precise to spot this issue.

On 11/17/2018 at 6:32 PM, Nobbi1977 said:

Does it have more than one set of holes? Sometimes you can bet 180 degrees out and it will be a little bit off

Yes, the motor has 6 holes, I will try.