Grastens

Tamiya 58665 - Toyota Gazoo Racing TS050

Recommended Posts

News of this release on the F103GT chassis has come from the incomparable Mokei Kagaku on Facebook. A picture is available on Tamiya Japan's website: https://www.tamiya.com/japan/products/58665/index.html

58665_1.jpg

I never thought the F103GT would return since the Advan Courage, and then the Nissan Nismo GT-R LM. Seeing it return for another Le Mans racer is exciting - to me, anyway. It also looks like the shell is quite nicely replicated in 1:10 scale!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wheel base for f103gt says 255mm - does this mean this body will fit a standard touring car chassis like the tt02? Or will the body be too low profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that does look lovely. Are they LED buckets up front? Looks so much better than a decal. I have nowehere to run such a car, but have always wanted to build a F103 and this could be my option.

I am a Le Mans fan anyway, been to 8 of them but was not there in 2016 when these ran. This year tried the Le Mans Classic for the first time, which was awesome. Highly recommended to any petrol heads out there.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have made this 58666, because it's evil how they keep releasing things I want!  First it was the 312T3; then the Fat Fox; now this...

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite part of the box art is that Tamiya boldly state that it comes with full ball bearings. :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Wheel base for f103gt says 255mm - does this mean this body will fit a standard touring car chassis like the tt02? Or will the body be too low profile

It was probably on the F103GT because that nose is too low-profile for a standard touring car chassis. Just a hunch, though.

5 hours ago, njmlondon said:

Now that does look lovely. Are they LED buckets up front? Looks so much better than a decal. I have nowehere to run such a car, but have always wanted to build a F103 and this could be my option.

I am a Le Mans fan anyway, been to 8 of them but was not there in 2016 when these ran. This year tried the Le Mans Classic for the first time, which was awesome. Highly recommended to any petrol heads out there.

It is a lovely shell, especially with the light buckets. Those look like decals in there, but wiring up LEDs should be much easier than without the buckets. The proximity to the front tires might cause some issues, though...

I remember the 2016 edition, and the shock and awe when the lead Toyota lost power - who knew a car could last for exactly 23 hours and 57 minutes in a race? 2018 seemed a bit hollow due to the lack of other P1-Hybrid contestants, but hey, attrition and failures like that could have robbed them of the win anyway.

As for the Le Mans Classic: that sounds fantastic :wub:

I have to say I am impressed with the level of detail that is apparent on this shell, from the bolt-on dive planes to the complex shapes of the front fenders and rear wing. It will be interesting to see how the body set goes together.

I am also kind of hoping for another @speedy_w_beans detailing thread ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Grastens said:

I remember the 2016 edition, and the shock and awe when the lead Toyota lost power - who knew a car could last for exactly 23 hours and 57 minutes in a race? 2018 seemed a bit hollow due to the lack of other P1-Hybrid contestants, but hey, attrition and failures like that could have robbed them of the win anyway.

As for the Le Mans Classic: that sounds fantastic :wub:

 

That race was brutal. Le Mans is always brutal, but that was a proper sucker punch.

If you are ever on this side of the Atlantic in the Summer, I highly recommend it. They run 5 or 6 different races, 1 for each era. You get D-Types and 250 Testerossas before breakfast, 917s and 512s for brunch, 1980's Silk Cut Jags and Saubers for lunch, 90's Toyotas and Nissans and early 0's for supper. They qualify all day and evening until midnight on Saturday and race (and I mean properly race!) all day Sunday. You can get so much closer and the beer is excellent.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

They should have made this 58666, because it's evil how they keep releasing things I want!  First it was the 312T3; then the Fat Fox; now this...

Snap! :D

Body looks gorgeous, cracking job Tamiya :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much loveliness there, so much! :wub: Like @njmlondon I have nowhere to run such a beast, but then again I’ve nowhere to run any of the touring cars I build either :D

be great if those were led lights, but I doubt it. Still, keeps the price down. Time to start another savings pot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't even built my Nismo F103GT yet, and I want this one. 

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

 it looks gawjuss.

Agreed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now