Sign in to follow this  
gold682

Anyone successfully ordered using their Credit Card

Hi,

I've been trying to place an order using either my visa credit card or my Mastercard. Both have declined for same reason "1139 Authentication Not accepted". Now the only reason I can see, is that the billing address that you enter on their site is round the wrong way. To explain a valid UK address is in format :

99 Some road, Town/city, Postcode, Country

However, when inputting billing address on their site it reads:

Some road 99, Postcode, Town/city, Country

Anyone know how to get round this? Don't want to use Paypal as it negates the savings.

Cheers

Paul

How do you mean by using PayPal negates the savings? Conversion charges?

The method I use with Tamico is to register my card with PayPal and use that as a funding source when buying. I have a Halifax Mastercard which has no currency conversion charges so I pay in Euros rather than let PayPal do the conversion.

I use it like this all over the place and it works great as it costs no more than using the card direct, but it's just repeat billing with PayPal rather than a raft of different merchants which could potentially trigger fraud warnings or get blocked.

I had the same issue with an attempted credit card purchase from tamico, so I switched to PayPal credit card in Euro’s as @Truck Norris does. Works fine, no fees and the exchange rate is better than lettin PayPal do it. 

I think the fees your referring to are for sending cash to a ‘friend’ (personal payments) rather than buying from a seller?