junkmunki

Anybody meeting up on the south coast of UK?

Hey all, 

I'm down on the south coast in Hampshire, and until a few years ago there used to be a decent on road track in Southampton, but that has since packed up and it seems there is nothing down here now. Do any TC members ever get together down this way?

Regards

Jason

Bit of a stretch for me but always interested to know any good sites or locations vaguely local if you do have a get together.

Hi Hobgoblin,

Being as you are in Brighton, perhaps we should see if there is interest in having a meet somewhere around Chichester. 

Hi Scarecrow,

No, no interest really, although i have since discovered you have a track in Shoreham, so i think i'll make the effort to get over there and see what is happening.

hey im just starting off really although have purchased several vintage tamiyas and sold them as never had somewhere to go with them, would be interested in somewhere im in hertfordshire not far from watford but dont mind a bit of a drive either, my cc01 is ready TL01 on its way and dt02 almost ready just need to stick the engine and receiver esc in, theres a herttforshire rc club that goes every feiday and i think you just turn up on sundays and pay to use the track but ive never been myself. would be open to know other places around thanks

Theres a track near Ringwood. Google South Coast RC Car Club.

They have open practice sessions on wednesday evenings and Saturdays.

I’ve recently returned to rc’ing and just discovered this track this afternoon.

Surrey & Hants Radio Controlled Car Club in Fareham

https://www.shrccc.co.uk

I regularly go to Bournemouth for the Dorsert Drift RC club (St. Leonards/St. Ives on Fridays) and the Bournemouth RC Truckers meet Saturdays, every second month (I usually camp or hotel it so I can do both clubs on one trip).  I've got a few mates down that way who are more into bashing than racing and might be up for a south coast meet if someone wants to organise it.

There's a pretty big community of vintage enthusiasts on the IoW.  It might be worth joining the Iconic RC group on Facebook, most of them hang out on there.

Another one interested in Brighton, I’m limiting myself to the GF-01 platform, so it’s just a bit of fun, looking at Shoreham after we see what happens with the current situation. Just sticking to parks and the beach at the moment, still lots of fun!

• Like 1

Shoreham sounds good! let us know if there's a session. I work on the industrial estate in Lancing so I'm passing through there most days 

Eastbourne RC is good for on road (including M-Chassis)

1066 buggy club is good for offroad (Hastings)