Sign in to follow this  
t3garett

Kyosho collection

As some of you may know I ve started collecting kyoshos. After completing my ta04 collection my avante collection and astute collection I ve started on kyoshos. So here is my first fully  restored functional fully complete runner : a kyosho lazer zx. 

I managed to buy 3 lazers here are two as I received them

20181109_200925.jpg

• Like 3

After a strip down, sourcing parts a good polish and a full rebuild I have my first lazer zx runner

20181117_112240.jpg

20181117_112253.jpg

• Like 4

As I haven t finished my lazer zx repro body and am still awaiting stickers I ve brought back to life an orginal lazer zx-r body and wing to run on the car. 

20181117_112216.jpg

20181117_112208.jpg

• Like 2

Nice looking chassis. And I like the ZX-R shell, as the original ZX shell was a bit dumpy looking.

I like the front tyres, too. Do you know what they are called and who makes them?

Thanks for your encouragements ! 

Yep the zxr body does look nice but it will be going on the real zxr chassis I m building. The zx chassis will have the zx body and wing as soon as I finish painting. 

The wheels are the original zxr and will go on the zxr chassis as soon as I source some tires for my zx wheels. I have no idea about the tires ???? They were on the wheels when I got them but I must admit they look cool and they are still nice and soft so I ll be looking for some more myself, if I find some I ll let you know.  

• Like 1

So while waiting for more lazer parts I thought I d get started on this

20181117_160549.jpg

20181117_160532.jpg

20181117_160543.jpg

I manages to acquire this nib kyosho pureten ep spider and I plan running it. Should be a worthy comparison with my tamiya ta04 fleet.

• Like 2

Nice Lazer zx. Have been bidden by the Kyosho bug too, and recently completed the 6 Optima Mids, so wonder if it is time for the Lazers too for me.

I haven t got round to the optima mids yet but I plan to.... I just can t seem to find any anywhere. 

Wow you re right ! Mystery solved, I really thought the wheels were kyosho they are virtualy identical. 

Nice one. Will order another set. 

• Like 1

A nice box arrived today !!! 

20181119_182708_1.jpg

Full of used and new kyosho lazer wheels and mostly brand new still nice and soft kyosho/ schumacher and crazy car tires !

• Like 1

Thanks ! 

Yep I managed to get them near Toulouse they were advertised on a car boot sale website ! 30 euros for the lot. 

• Like 1