Danno77

Hotshot/impact

Hey guys just wondering on opinions of a dark impact as a hotshot?? Always wanted to build an impact but styled with hotshot decals and red body of course, is this a mistake or do you think it could work? Any help/ advise appreciated, cheers 

I've seen it done, and it looked very good. I kept the photo, but don't know if I can find it. I'll have a look and post it if successful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Danno77 said:

Hey guys just wondering on opinions of a dark impact as a hotshot?? Always wanted to build an impact but styled with hotshot decals and red body of course, is this a mistake or do you think it could work? Any help/ advise appreciated, cheers 

Do it anyway. It will be fun. I have become a big fan of retro styling shells and chopping and changing decals. Take photos so we can see it! 

Advice? MCI Decals do great repro decals so you can cut them to suit without worrying about ruining the originals. They also do a custom service so if you need a decal changing to suit the Impact and can draw it accurately to scale in terms of shape (even pencil scanned to PDF) Nathan can make that for you. We worked for a while getting the Grasshopper2 Junior Dress up Decals I found adapted to 1/10 scale but they came out great in the end. 

4 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

I've seen it done, and it looked very good. I kept the photo, but don't know if I can find it. I'll have a look and post it if successful.

Cheers mokei I will have a go and post some shots , I’ve just finished a hotshot in honor of Ayrton sennas which looks pretty cool

3 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Advice? MCI Decals do great repro decals so you can cut them to suit without worrying about ruining the originals. They also do a custom service so if you need a decal changing to suit the Impact and can draw it accurately to scale in terms of shape (even pencil scanned to PDF) Nathan can make that for you. We worked for a while getting the Grasshopper2 Junior Dress up Decals I found adapted to 1/10 scale but they came out great in the end. 

Thanks heaps thunder, I’ve used mci for all my repro stuff and been super stoked with everything thanks again mate rgds dan

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mark_biddle said:

I like doing non box art. I have a white impact with a twist on paint. Go for the hotshot look, it will look great

impact.jpg

8 hours ago, mark_biddle said:

I like doing non box art. I have a white impact with a twist on paint. Go for the hotshot look, it will look great

impact.jpg

Gday mark, looks amazing! Just finished a hotshot in jps Ayrton senna style and turned out good, good fun mixing it up, are the impacts great to run?

I hate to say it but I have not run it .... I use cats for running, just sold a K2 to make way for an L1. I will leave others on here to answer that one for you !

• Haha 1

Hey all while waiting for the impact to arrive from lhs been wondering how a silver impact would look with egress decals????any opinions? Also just arrived egress rims to go on optima mid custom project , very excited, cheers