scoobybooster

Schumacher Topcat Re-Release

I've been looking at eBay for one of these for ages, but they never seem to come up. I am intrigued by the lay-down front suspension and the front suspension arms held together with a rubber band. Don't know how much these will go for, but I might have to save up...

I for one will be so looking forward to getting this one when it hits the shop's😊 I know it's not tamiya and the cat XLS  re-release was and still is one of the most difficult yet most rewarding cars I've built and at the time I thought "never again" but weirdly as soon as I seen the pictures of the topcat I thought got to have it! And next to the avante the cat XLS is my favourite buggy so I've got high hopes for the topcat😍

top_cat_500.jpg

20180717_093451.jpg

• Like 2

This has gone straight to the top of my next car list. Can't wait, agree with how testing the XLS was to build (but so rewarding) but this should be much easier. 

Must have for me. Haven’t even build my rere XLS yet, but just love the look of these Schumachers.

On 11/24/2018 at 10:52 PM, Yalson said:

I am intrigued by the lay-down front suspension and the front suspension arms held together with a rubber band

The crash back system works well on the procat, means I should be able to buy the right rubber band, although the ones the postman keeps leaving on the drive seem to do the trick 😂

• Haha 2

On 11/26/2018 at 8:53 AM, Wooders28 said:

The crash back system works well on the procat, means I should be able to buy the right rubber band, although the ones the postman keeps leaving on the drive seem to do the trick 😂

You've been able to buy the right bands since the XLS re-re came out. I bought a couple of packs for my yet-to-be refurbished Procat.

• Thanks 1

I ordered one Top Cat too. Together with the transmission upgrade, as I did for the cat xls. The upgrade makes a huge difference! Can't wait to build and drive it! 

Shipping notice received!  Hopefully have it by the end of next week.  I will be building it stock with alloy eccentrics eventually.  Though I'll probably order the upgraded transmission also just to have.

U7599 Alloy Front Shock Rocker Conversion - TOP CAT is listed as an option in the manual, but the Schumacher website does not list it and a search comes up empty.  Anyone know what the status of it is?

I really look forward to the Top Cat with pro transmission and alloy eccentrics. I wonder how it performs in comparison to the Rc10 worlds.

Still no Information about U7599.

I live near the Schumacher HQ,  never been in, not sure if it's open to the public?

I wonder where they do all the testing?, Do they have a track there?, it's just a large industrial unit on an estate.

Just put in an order for the upgraded transmission and the alloy eccentrics.  I also sent a note to Schumacher about the alloy rocker shafts and was told to expect them around the end of the month!!  Also put in a request for a cat 2000 EC (can't hurt right)!!